Haunted Locations in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Cannonshot, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    NW 14 Corral Bar Spooner

In the mid-1970s a bartender was murdered in while she was closing up her body found slumped in the corner the next morning. She had been stabbed. Her murderer was eventually caught but not convicted until years later when he committed another murder. Patrons of the bar have reported the juke box apparently starting itself sometimes running through all the records in a blur. Workers late at night have reported seeing something a person or a presence standing in the shadows passing behind them in a mirror and walking across the floor. Never a clear look always just a glimpse. Enough however to let them know that they were not alone in that bar.

As I was taking these pictures, the new owner (a woman) asked what I was doing. I told her the place was haunted.

[​IMG]

2. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    NW 13 Little Valley Road near Spooner

If you park on this road at night, a phantom hearse will pull up behind you. When you try to fly, the hearse will follow you back into town.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    NW 09 Haugen Depot

The original depot burned down. In the early 1900s a fire hit the place and some that took refuge in the depot died. People that walk past the spot now sometimes feel a cold chill. Some have heard the screams and cries of those that perished in the fire.

[​IMG]
  4. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    NW06 Bantley Graveyard Near Canton

Many ghost have been reported here. During the day, if you are walking on the road in front of the graveyard, shadows follow you. At night ghostly apparitions have been seen. I you drive faster than 25mph over the bridge, your brakes will go out. The story is that a man named Brantley killed his family and then hung himself in a barn next to the graveyard. A cult used to use the barn for nefarious religious purposes. A birdbath at the cemetery still has bloodstains from some sacrifices done there by the cult. When two boys were playing tag in the cemetery one night, a hand reached up and grabbed one of the boy's ankles. He was later found in the graveyard dead, having died of fright. His friend was found dead just outside the graveyard. People also reported seeing the ghost of a little girl in a tree in the graveyard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    NW05 Betty's Café Cameron

An employee died of a heart attack while working in the kitchen. The ghost of the dead employee is sometimes seen near the fryers. Objects are hidden in the kitchen area. The current owners are trying to downplay all this.

[​IMG]
  6. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    CV 15 Elk Mound Tower

rickcorwn got this one earlier.

The Elk Mound Tower was built as a monument to honor mail carriers. There is a ghost that haunts the tower. Witnesses report screams, howls, laughter, eerie lights, unexplained mists, and a nauseated feeling after visiting.

[​IMG]
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    NW 02 Cozy Corner Restaurant New Richmond

The ghost of a young boy often appears in the restaurant. Someone found an old photograph that appears to be of the boy and discovered his name was Carl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    NW03 Amery Lutheran Labrynth

This church dates back to 1870 when it was formed by Norwegian settlers. Services were not even held in English until 1941. The church has its own congregation of spirits and ghosts.

Hushed voices and whispers are heard in the church when no one is there. The bells has sometimes started rining on its own. The church has a labrynth on the grounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    There are only two spots not visited yet and they are on Washington Island at the tip of the Door Peninsula. This requires a ferry ride. Don't know that I'll get there for a while, but if someone is in the area they could knock them off.

Checking out these unusual locations all around the state was fun. It made me take trips to places I otherwise wouldn't have visited. In addition to the locations I was looking for, I came upon other entertaining sites and enjoyed some great roads. I liked this better than the traditional motorcycle tag format as trips can be proactive instead of reactive.

It was fun and I guess it is safe to tell you now . . . no, I don't believe in ghosts. Although, if you let yourself get in the mood at some of these locations it could be a little spooky. :D
    El Dangeroso likes this.
  10. El Dangeroso

El Dangeroso Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting your destinations and rides Cannonshot. I'm fortunate enough to live close enough to take advantage of your tracks and they have sent me on some great rides! I can't wait to start on this list.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  11. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
  12. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    Been there..
    Spooky
  13. rickcorwn

rickcorwn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wanted to make the followers of this thread aware that the 2019 version of the Minnesota 1,000 motorcycle scavenger hunt is based on a lot of the info here. So if you've enjoyed following or chasing these haunted locations this could be right up your alley. The rally starts and finishes at the Motoprimo dealership in Lakeville MN, Friday night June 7th is the Liars Banquet (BBQ), Saturday morning June 8th the riders leave and return Sunday morning. For all the details go to www.teamstrange.com

I especially want to extend an invite to Cannonshot whose work on this thread inspired the theme of this years rally:clap

[​IMG]
    Cannonshot likes this.
  14. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I was just riding on Bray Road this afternoon. That wolf-beast didn't get me though.