Hawai'i

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Dirty Barber, Oct 18, 2008.

1. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We definitely do ship to Hawaii. Click HERE to see what shipping times look like to get items to you in the Pacific! There is all the info you need, and if you have any questions, just get in touch. We are happy to answer them and chat motos.

Email for more info: Info@TwistedThrottle.com

The Twisted Throttle Team
    www.TwistedThrottle.com
  2. Big Bamboo

Big Bamboo Aircooled & Sunbaked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took a short ride down Mana Road yesterday, mostly to get away from the weekend traffic on the Saddle Road. At the southern entrance, about 7,000' elevation on the access road up Mauna Kea. Yes, those are pine trees. [​IMG] Side note; David Douglas was a Scottish botanist, best known as the namesake of the Douglas fir. He explored the Scottish Highlands, North America, and Hawaii, where he was murdered, on the Mana Road. The actual place he was killed is now called the Doctor's Pit, in reference to the pit fall traps, used to capture wild cattle at that time. 131.jpg The view east from about 5 miles out, with Hilo visible down on the coast (behind the sign) There were a few very steep downhill sections in this area, one of which I almost didn't make it back up! Lots of loose rock and washboard, plus the R75/5 was a bit down on power at this elevation. The worst over all were a few sections of deep fine pea gravel in the valleys; felt like I was riding in ball bearings. Need to run the knobby tires next time! [​IMG] Lastly, going through some of the gorse infestation at around the 10 mile mark. This stuff goes on for miles, and spreads very quickly. The state has a few experiments going to try to eradicate it, but as you can see; success is limited. At this point I had to turn around. Hadn't really planned on going this far, but the road was dry, and looked like it had been graded recently. The few people I saw coming the other way, said the road was torn up past the Keanakolu Cabins, and I would have gotten back into Kamuela after sunset, anyway. [​IMG] Hope you enjoyed
    gfh, motogon, MikkSteel and 2 others like this.
  3. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun. I bet it was cooler up there too?
  4. Big Bamboo

Oddometer:
    Yep, quite a bit cooler than my place in Kamuela, which is almost a mile lower in elevation.
  5. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    We live in HPP, which is a Keaau address.
  6. pax maac

pax maac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone! I got a job offer in Honolulu for September to June. Doesn’t pay a lot but it’s better than being unemployed. Anyone in Honolulu here? I’m just looking to rent a room. I don’t need much, just a place to sleep and cook and bathe. I’m a musician so I might practice at home, but then again I might not.

Thanks!
  7. Big Bamboo

Oddometer:
    Craigslist
  8. pax maac

pax maac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Everything on there is too expensive. Was hoping to find an inmate here with a hook up.
  9. motogon

motogon Like wind

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Hawaii!
    rkover1 likes this.
  10. rkover1

rkover1 doc

Oddometer:
    Double the price at half the value. Aloha!

doc
  11. motogon

motogon Like wind

Oddometer:
    Aloha hard!