1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

HD Pan America Owners

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Jed Clampett, May 7, 2021.

1. Jed Clampett

Jed Clampett Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got home with my new PA Special. First customer delivery from my dealer. Plenty of thoughts later....I've got some riding to do!! Day 1 HD Pan America.jpg
  2. 4power

4power Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was going to run my concours 14 in to the ground, I really want this bike!
    3DogNate, Eatmore Mudd, Traxx and 6 others like this.
  3. Monkeyshines

Monkeyshines Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 How are those headlights Jed?
    Traxx and Jed Clampett like this.
  4. Jed Clampett

Oddometer:
    I wanted to get my bags and mounts on and came home before it got dark. I'm interested too!
    Traxx, gobux and Monkeyshines like this.
  5. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    The best photo I have seen of this bike, congratulation's
    JustinP, Eatmore Mudd, Traxx and 3 others like this.
  6. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    It's ugly!!!!

<runs away>

:lol3:lol3:lol3

Nice one mate.

I've fulfilled my obligation from the other PanAm thread. It really sounds like Harley knocked it out the park with this bike. I better buy some HOG stock.
    KSBUTLER44, RIVERD06, phughes and 2 others like this.
  7. svtride

svtride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice bike!
    I like the subtle (lack of) badging....hate it when OEs badging is screaming and overdone.
    Traxx, Max Kool and Jed Clampett like this.
  8. spokester

spokester Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great lookin' bike!
    Jed Clampett likes this.
  9. Jed Clampett

Oddometer:
    All the ride reports are out there by guys who can put in to words much better than me. I've put about 300 miles on it. Suspension is great, amazingly less cockpit turbulence than my Electraglide. No beating the head around. In fact part of my ride was in a 3/4 helmet. Heat from the engine is a non issue. Sitting in traffic the heat starts to build, but get moving and it's gone. The seat is one of those when you first get on it, feels great. After a couple of hours not so much. Needs to be firmer. Build quality is exceptional. Once I got the tires scuffed in, I rode some pretty aggressive switchbacks, and the thing rides like it's on a rail. I'm 5'10, and my bike has no ARH. It's tall and I like it that way. Didn't get the owners manual until today. I've got a lot of reading to do. I'm a very happy camper!
  10. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback and congrats!

there seems to be some confusion about the rear cylinder deactivation.. Is there such a thing where the rear cylinder shuts down at idle to prevent heat buildup or is this not available on the bike?
    Traxx and Jed Clampett like this.
  11. spokester

spokester Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hell, I might have to buy one of them things!
    Traxx, KSBUTLER44 and Jed Clampett like this.
  12. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    That bike reminds me of my Honda VFR1200X.... another bastard child of the ADV world. But the VFRX isn't a V-Twin... it is a V-Four. I would bet the bikes are darn similar.

OP... that is a beautiful bike.

Traxx, gobux and Jed Clampett like this.
  13. rhuff

rhuff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just traded my 2015 Road Glide today for a bike that they have coming Monday. A black special. Test rode it at neighboring dealer HD demo in the morning and they had an orange/white on for me that I didn't care for. Went to my HD dealer and they ran the numbers. In the interim, I went to BMW down the street to get an offer and ride the RT and GSA again. It was close. I actually was torn between the 3 bikes. Lower price of the PA, the motor, and the newness factor got me. I pick it up monday and I'm looking forward to it.
    JustinP, KingOfFleece, bmac and 20 others like this.
  14. dceggert

dceggert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Metro Detroit - almost like offroad riding
    I spoke with my salesman today and the dealer has received the first two bikes this past week and mine is the third incoming. It may be in next week!
    Traxx, gobux, Cogswell and 7 others like this.
  15. Jed Clampett

Oddometer:
    Just got back from my first ride in the dark. I thought and hoped the headlight would be brighter. Low beam needs to be brighter or maybe less diffused for my liking. Others may find it ok, I can live with it. High beam is sufficient, but I'll be adding the aux driving/fog lights for some help. The adaptive headlamp is very noticeable and usable when it comes on.
    Traxx, Yellow Dog, KSBUTLER44 and 7 others like this.
  16. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Izzat how they make you buy the daymakers?
    pjensen641 likes this.
  17. pjensen641

pjensen641 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Thats how they sell stage kits for the cruiser engines at least. Provide passable but uninspiring performance from the engine, and then sell parts to make it better ;)
    neanderthal likes this.
  18. 3DogNate

3DogNate '74 R90/s - '65 Bonneville - '17 Road Glide

Oddometer:
    BMW, KTM, Triumph, Ducati and other manufacturers would never dream of selling accessories and performance parts though right? ;)

Harley may have perfected the practice of selling and promoting accessories and performance parts though. (Though the "predatory" might a word that needs to be incorporated into that sentence somewhere.)
    trumpet, Traxx and Bar None like this.
  19. dceggert

dceggert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Metro Detroit - almost like offroad riding
    Yes, exactly. I find the 107 ci stock engine in my Ultra Limited to be more than I need. In my opinion, the rally crowd is the demand for the upgrades. The list of contests reads like a 'whos who' of money spent on stuff...
    • Largest displacement contest
    • Best dyno numbers
    • Longest burn out
    • Loudest stereo
    • Loudest pipes
    There is no "NEED" for this stuff it is just plain old fun for those that have the money to build these monsters and then trailer them to the event. Not my cup of tea but my point is it is not necessary for a road machine.
  20. 3DogNate

3DogNate '74 R90/s - '65 Bonneville - '17 Road Glide

Oddometer:
    I feel privileged to have discretionary income that I can spend on this stuff. I did a 124" big bore kit on my RGS and that was, I thought, a huge improvement and in line with how those bikes should have been powered from day one off the floor. But, yes stock it was still a nice performer given it's power numbers and weight. I have friends with 150+hp/160ft lb tq builds with 131" motors and extensive head work and wild inverted fork suspensions on their road glides (they ride them HARD too... for 1000mile days and for 3k+ multi day trips. They aren't trailer queens, they strap dry bags and tents on em and go camping out in the mountains.). It's fun to push the builds and make them our own. The ADV crowd is 100% just as bad as the bagger crowd on custom sh*t.
    KingOfFleece, Suruppak, Traxx and 9 others like this.