HDT Rally Organizer will DROP PRICE to $100 if we get 5+ ADVrider signups!!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by webkris, Jan 30, 2009.

1. webkris

webkris RallyMoto Organizer

Oddometer:
    Okay guys -
    If we get 5 or more (max of 10) sign-ups for High Desert Trails Rally in the next week I will drop the early entry fee to $100 (One Benjamin) for the event. I'll even add Andrew to the list - now it's only FOUR!

That's a day of rally, 40 miles of riding as fast as you can. Low key event to get used to the rallymoto format, used to time cards, etc. Start the 2009 CRS Moto Championship off with some points!

Bring It!
    1. Andrew Sutherland
    2. Doug Nagy
    3. Roger Eggers

The CRS Moto Championship:
    February 21 — High Desert Trails Rally — Ridgecrest CA — Coefficient 1/1
    June 20 — North Nevada Rally — Fernley NV — Coefficient 3
    July 10 - 11 — Idaho Rally — Mountain Home ID — Coefficient 3/2
    August 29 — Gorman Ridge Rally — Frazier Park CA — Coefficient 3
    October 2 - 3 — Prescott Rally — Prescott AZ — Coefficient 2/3

- Kris
  2. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    If we could get Anders to do this, he'd have more Rallymoto entrants than he's know what to do with! I'd be back at the Rallymoto's in a freakin' heartbeat. $100.......Now that's affordable. Anders already has very good bike attendance, but with a $100 entry fee, he'd double it for sure.
    Won't happen, but hey, I can dream can't I????

Chris
  3. webkris

Oddometer:
    Chris,
    I want RallyMoto excitement out here in SoCal, so we're absorbing some of the cost, but insurance costs money. So far we've seen no more then 2 - 5 riders at big events and I'd like that to change. I'm competing with hundreds of miles of BLM and $50 desert races here in the South West. HDT will be a great event, but HDT as a smaller closed venue cannot be compared to Sandblast. Thus how the $175 entry fee was devised.

Just like anything you buy. The price is set at what people will pay.
    Who's coming to HDT?

- Kris
  4. gilbrock

gilbrock Official Subaru Fan Boy

Oddometer:
    Kris - this is an exceptional deal and ADV Riders should JUMP on this. This is the cheapest entry fee for a real sanctioned rally seen in the last decade!!!

Awesome!
  5. CRSMoto

CRSMoto rally on!

Oddometer:
    Alright everyone. Now there are two. We only need 3 more to get this deal locked in. Went to the site yesterday and looked at the roads. This is a great mix of turns and straight bits, hard pack and even a couple little sandy spots thrown in.
    This will be a perfect first event or a great way to get back up to speed for the season. The format of this event will leave lots of time between stages to answer questions and learn the rally timing system.
    All you big bike guys that have wanted to give this a try, you can't beat the deal for this type of riding!
    And for all you weekend dual sport guys out there- get a couple of buddies together and see who really is the better rider!

Doug
  6. webkris

Oddometer:
  7. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    So Doug did you recce illegally?? :lol3
  8. CRSMoto

CRSMoto rally on!

Oddometer:
    Actually, Kris accounted for the rally event this weekend in his supps. so no one would get caught out. I actually checked this before I went on course. Also, Kris is changing the route for his rally so it won't be the same. Where is your entry? You guys need to go to this one. Best deal yet!!

Doug
  9. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    I'd love to have $50 entry fees for the cars and bikes, believe me! :clap I already lost money putting the events last year though, so lowering the price isn't really an option. :cry Find me another 60 riders and we'll talk though! :D

HDT is an awesome deal and the organizers are really going out of their way to subsidize igniting the rally spark out there. Awesome!

Cheers,
    Anders
  10. O.C.F.RIDER

Oddometer:
    Anders.......................if you had a $50 entry fee, you'd get another 120 riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At $50, every guy I've ridden with up here would HAVE to go! That's about 25 guy's just I could drag into this.

Chris
  11. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I think its the amount of time the road can be closed for a stage, which would limit the amount of riders anyway. 15 second intervals seem possible after the first Re seed, but I'm no organizer, so I'll defer to the rally brain trust. $250 for a stage rally is cheap for a car, but not so much for a bike considering all the other events that bikes have open to them.

Yea, yea, where else can you race a 950 SE, or an HP2. I'm seeing a switch from the big bikes to the smaller more enduro style bikes (east coast), so the big bike venue argument is getting weak:lol3
  12. O.C.F.RIDER

Oddometer:
    Well, there's always the PB 300/500!

Have fun at the Sandblast Arron!

Chris
  13. CRSMoto

CRSMoto rally on!

Oddometer:
    Alright guys, time is getting close. Even if you have only thought about Rallymoto, how can you pass this up for $100. It is almost like having your own private day with personal instruction. You probably already own everything you need to do this. You won't even need a roll chart for this one.

Doug
  14. ropedrag

ropedrag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've gone back and forth on making it but a full round trip of 2400 miles back and forth from Seattle driving solo would be a little to much I'm afraid.

Good luck to those that run!
  15. CRSMoto

CRSMoto rally on!

Oddometer:
    Just two more entries before midnight and we can all save some cash! How about a couple of over 800cc bikes to round out the field.

Doug
  16. webkris

Oddometer:
    We have 3 signed up.
    Two more entries and we'll have it.
    This offer expires in 8 hours and 40 minutes.

Rally is different and fun - you'll see.
    Maybe we'll see you at the next one...
    - Kris