Heading to Moab - need a place to do an oil change.

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by windblown101, Sep 9, 2019.

1. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Currently on Idaho Falls and making my way towards Moab over the next couple of days. I could use a place to do an oil change if there are any inmates that could let me use an oil drain pan.

Also any recommendations for a shop to pick up a fresh set of tires from would be great. Riding a KTM 790. Optimal would be motoz tractionator rallzs in 150/70/-18 and 90/90-21. However something like a Kenda big block rear and Pirelli. scorpion rally front would do in a pinch.

If you can help or have a suggestion please post up or drop me a PM. Thanks!
  2. Blakebird

Blakebird r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer:
    just about any auto parts store would be good for an oil change - get a cheap drain pan there, and many have oil recycling bins for you to dump the used oil.

staying in a motel?
    buy tires online and have them shipped to where you're staying
  3. SAM13

SAM13 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mad Bros. Is the local motorcycle shop, call them and tell them what tires you want and if they don’t have them they can by the time you get here. You can use my carport and drain pan if you’re here before a Thursday.
  4. haystack

haystack Just ride

Oddometer:
  5. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks. Been tough to get any internet in the back country. I'm in Evingston tonight. Had to scrap plans to be in Utah after a back country reroute turned into a bit more adventure than I had on the plate for a day I needed to make miles and with cold rain and possible snow showers at altitude I bailed and got a hotel for the night. I'll check with Mad Bros as I have no idea where I'll be staying.
  6. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    Lazy Lizard Hostel is a fairly short walk to Mad Bros if you need to drop the bike for a bit.
  7. SAM13

SAM13 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not anymore. Mad Bros moved South down hwy 191 a few more miles.
  8. OnOff

OnOff Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you pass through SLC UT, I'm happy to assist on the oil side. Wrights motorcycle parts at:
    https://www.wrightsmotorcycleparts.com/
    Has a lot of different tires and they can change/balance them out FAST if you get them off the bike. They will also take them off the bike if needed. A call ahead would let you know what they have in stock.
    You likely dont need this vid, but I just saw it online and thought I would link it.
    windblown101 likes this.
  9. john657

john657 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can also help ya with a well equipped shop for your oil change and repairs/maintenance. I am in western Colorado in Grand Junction. You can also camp in my back yard.
    Local KTM shop here in town can hook ya up with tires too.
    windblown101 likes this.
  10. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks. I ended up getting a disposable roasting pan and did it at camp. In Colorado now. Still running my increasingly beat rear but hope to get a replacement tomorrow or Tuesday. :)
    OnOff likes this.