Heads up - Savage Biker Gangs Take Over Southwest Colorado!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by FatChance, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:

Is the "bandido" character ripped directly from South Park? Truly badass... :lol3
  2. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    :wave Josh

We're doing great. We'll be back mid-week. :thumb
  3. jnclem

jnclem True Airhead

Oddometer:
    So seriously, my wife and I are coming to Durango on Labor Day Monday. We used to live there, but I forgot about the Ignacio rally, didn't even know about the other one. She is driving because she will be heading to NM for a few days on Tuesday, I'm bringing the GS (I happen to know there is a Starbucks downtown) and planning to circle the San Juans and do some camping for a couple of days.

Most of these people should be headed out by Monday correct? I might pass herds of them going north as I am headed south, but I would think things would settle down by mid-week. Am I delusional?
  4. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Whether you are delusional or not is a totally irrelevant issue, but you should be fine as they all stumble home on Monday...
  5. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gonna get some pics for F'ing Harleys thread today.:evil
  6. jnclem

jnclem True Airhead

Oddometer:
    I came out of a restaurant on Main Street in Gunnison this morning to find my GS surrounded by them. I think they were headed your way.
  7. DADODIRT

Oddometer:
    Bump for Labor Day.
  8. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    And could you guys just avoid our town? We are trying to spend a lot of $$$ to stand in line so we can watch artsy fartsy movies in black and white!
  9. wadenelson

wadenelson Rider/Writer

Oddometer:
  10. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sure hope they are all impressed with our new intersection from hell.
  11. DADODIRT

Oddometer:

You don't like the 'turd on a stick'?
    Kinda looks like the artists designed the road and the engineers designed the art.:lol3
  12. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rock Taco intersection sill loses to the 15th and 3rd one if you ask me. That is one messed up piece of civil planning haha.
  13. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Wait for the first big snow storm and watch the fun the snow plows will have re-arranging those purdy new intersections. :nod
  14. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Turd on a Stick OR Rock Taco? Both good names. We went to East by SW tonight then over to main for the pirate show. We got some good laughs and even met some locals on normal bikes. Entertaining to say the least.
  15. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    I don't know whats going on but I'm working right at the entrance to town in Telluride and i could of swore dualsports outnumbered harleys yesterday by quite a large margin.. made it hard to focus on work!
  16. Blakebird

Blakebird r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer:
  17. Merfman

Merfman Cape truster... Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. Oldwin1

Oldwin1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    One of the pirates went down last night. Drunk, ran off the road. Probably not going to walk again.
  19. jnclem

jnclem True Airhead

Oddometer:
    Yesterday as I was exiting Gunnison to the west, A group (pack? Herd? Gaggle?) of about 16 pirates and Piretesses, all riding two abreast, came up beside me on my right. I was in a line of cars in the left lane (because the right lane ends in a couple hundred feet) doing just over the speed limit - this is in town BTW. I drive or ride, that section of road every day. There is never any real traffic, or any traffic conflicts. Normal people just find a hole and merge into the left lane. But not these super human pretty boys.

There was about a car length and a half ahead of me, and Mr. Lead Pirate decides that not just a couple of the bikes, but the whole herd, MUST get in front of me. Never mind that there is a huge space, maybe 6 or 7 car lengths behind me. So he proceeds to BRRRRAAAAAPPPPP!!! his way in there, and the bunch of lemmings try to follow. I'm not much for road rage, so I didn't speed up to close the gap, but I didn't hit the brakes either. I just maintained my steady speed and watched these idiots try to force their way in.

When one cut in with much less than two feet to spare from my bumper, I realized that they were indeed so stupid, or needy for attention, pack-mentality driven, or something, that they would actually run a severe risk of injury to themselves and others in order to stay in a tight group. At that point I backed off and let the children have their space.

Off they went blocking the highway at 45 MPH toward Ignacio or wherever. I just can't fathom that kind of behavior from anyone over the age of about 13. It's really amazing. Then you have to really wonder about the mentality of the women that get dragged along by these idiots. Ok, enough ranting. Heading for the hills on my nice quiet GS.
    AbeWhat likes this.
  20. DADODIRT

Oddometer: