Heart of Colloton Adventrue Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Marsh Tiger, Mar 19, 2012.

1. bacon palace

bacon palace Two Scoops

Oddometer:
    does anyone have recent knowledge of the puddle? I'm riding a vstrom now and I'm not sure if I want to ride up an the ridge.
  2. Gadawg803

Gadawg803 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did the ridge spring loop this morning. Great day, awesome scenery. Everything was perfect except for me dumping my 600lb bike in a deep sandy ditch and having to get it out by myself. Wouldn’t be any fun without a little work right. No damage to me or the bike so all good. Thanks for uploading the tracks

Attached Files:

wawarides, Jollyrogers and kalonji like this.
  3. SCRally

SCRally n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm looking into doing this loop Feb 3rd 2018. Coming in from Florence. Is there anywhere to park a trailer? We're debating pulling the bikes to the beginning of the trail.
    Gadawg803 likes this.
  4. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you want to take 95 to 301 to SC4, you could park in a field of ours (between Orangeburg and Neeses, closer to Neeses). Just let me know and I'll PM you an address.
    Gadawg803 and kalonji like this.
  5. SCRally

SCRally n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow. Thanks. I’ll be in touch.
  6. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
    You should just go ahead and sign up for Rick's Eastern Rendezvous while you're at it. It's in the Rally Forum/Thread section. It's in May. You can park your truck and ride. Sounds just like what yer lukin' get. You'll love it. See you there.
  7. SCRally

SCRally n00b

Oddometer:
    I’ll check it out. May is going to be busy for me, but maybe I’ll get a day off. Thanks for the info.
    kalonji likes this.
  8. SCRally

SCRally n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m ready for the address.
    How long did it take to complete the loop? Did you use a gps track from this thread?
  9. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Just the "Ridge Spring" loop, probably 3 or 4 hours. The "SC_Dirt" GPX file attached to my post of 11/30/2012 in this thread is the one to get and would keep you busy for much longer. I mapped everything between the HO-CAT (green loop in Walterboro area) and the AARSE's loop (figure 8 loop between Abbeville and North Augusta area) and created that file. The image in my post represents the tracks in the file.

PM forthcoming!
    Woodyxr likes this.
  10. kalonji

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a ramp to get a dirtbike in the back of a pickup that they wanna sell before I go buy one? Anyone down for the HOCAT this weekend if I can break away for a few hours?
  11. BMHAM

BMHAM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I a man heading to Greenville Anderson area. Any one know of any dirt/service roads in that area? Would like to find it
    ben2go likes this.
  12. kalonji

Oddometer:
    I don't think too many upstate guys are on this thread. Maybe try the upstate tag-o-rama.
    ben2go likes this.
  13. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sumpter NF and the gpx file at post 1 have a lot of roads covered. My pop passed in the fall and momma moved to Miss with family, so I have no real reason to be down that way anymore, though we still own the land right off of TET-S/SEAT.
  14. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    HWY 178 and Horse Pasture Rd. There are a good number of roads that branch off Horse Pasture Rd. It is also gravel. Be aware that fresh loose gravel was laid down a few weeks back. Mind the switchback curves loose gravel can be just around the corner. Don't ask me how I know. :fpalm

:nod I may be one of few.
  15. Carlisja

Carlisja A wandering soul. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    May try the HO-CAT on a GSA the weekend of the 25th and bring a noob with me. how easy is the loop?
  16. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I haven't ridden it in a few years, but it's just dirt and paved roads; should be easy. Tell him to keep his weight back and stay on the throttle in any deep sand. Have fun!
    Carlisja likes this.
  17. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just watch out for any side tracks and mud holes and you’ll be fine. I haven’t been down to SC since pop passed last year, but it’s all doable on a GS.
    Carlisja likes this.
  18. captainslower

captainslower n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm probably riding some of this next week, it looks like great fun.
    How wet is it down there? Looks like a little storm coming through on Sunday.
  19. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Should be pretty good even if you get rained on. Most of the dirt roads are well drained and sand base. Very little slick clay. There has been some, but not much rain and that after a dry spell. Years ago I did it very wet and in the rain on a VeeStrom. You should be fine. Weight back and Momentum momentum momentum.
    wawarides likes this.
  20. TDC_ERock

TDC_ERock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm riding from the Charleston area to Columbia tomorrow. I've downloaded the gpx from post 13 and am thinking about hitting some of this. Any recent intel on any sections? I'll be on the 250 Rally.
    Jollyrogers likes this.