Heart of Texas Adventure Ride

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Ridin'nFishin, Nov 9, 2013.

1. GeneralClortho

GeneralClortho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Attached is a modified Cheeseburger loop, but I have not actually ridden all of it. I have heard there are still some road closures in the national forest, so this track may not be accurate and detours necessary. In other words, you are on your own, haha.

Attached Files:

2. Ridin'nFishin

Ridin'nFishin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Correct and it's easy to detour around.
    GeneralClortho likes this.
  3. fbga

fbga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I’ll work with that and share if I record something different.
    Cheers
    GeneralClortho likes this.
  4. jfink

jfink Can't get there from here

Oddometer:
    Here's a cheeseburger loop I did a couple months ago. All the roads shown were open. Right now, I think the only issue is the Stubblefield Bridge which was taken out during Harvey and likely to remain out for a few years. The FS 209 after FM 1791 may be marked as closed, it was one time and one time the barriers had been moved but were still there. FS 209 is navigable, it just had some sizeable mud holes that are easily to get around.

Attached Files:

5. Ridin'nFishin

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joe

I am going to ride this ride the week of October 21,2019.
  6. jfink

Oddometer:
    You're welcome. Depending on the weather (temperature) and my schedule, I may ride it again, before then. I use the ride as justification to go get a juicy hamburger at Yankees! :)
  7. Ridin'nFishin

Oddometer:
    I'm going to ride Heart of Tx Adv ride the week of Oct 21, 2019. The outer loop is 1939 miles and that's what I'm planning to ride. Roll The Bones Rally is that weekend and might stop by there for a couple of days.
    jfink likes this.
  8. Ridin'nFishin

Oddometer:
    I have my routes laid out for 6 or 7 days.

I'm ready to ride this ride, but until then I have 2 other rides to do while waiting for the weather to cool.
    I am headed to Colorado this month and Arkansas next.

Now I see that I overlooked a previous plans and can't do this ride the week of the 21st or go to Roll the Bones Rally.

I don't want to do it the following week because of deer season.

New plans for January or February 2020.
  9. jfink

Oddometer:
    Sorry about your need to reschedule. I got out on the Cheeseburger Loop just two days ago with a friend. It is incredible that just a few miles from my house here in Conroe (north Houston), I can get out on some decent Forest Service roads and small country roads. Unlike street riding, every ride in the forest, the roads are different. Good luck with January or February.
  10. I love my bike

I love my bike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just moved to Wichita Falls, and I have a 17 africa twin dct. For you guys that have done these tracks, are any doable with a passenger on the back? It looks like these are gravel roads. Is that the case? Thanks!
  11. Ridin'nFishin

Oddometer:

Welcome back to Texas, I assume that you were out of state.

I have done all of the Heart of Tx Adv Ride, not all at once. The route is totally doable two up, all legal roads, gravel, sand etc. Ride accordingly. :ricky

But in E Texas if it is wet watch out for muddy sections, those sections can be routed around easy enough. If dry the sand can be a hand full.

Ride safe!
  12. I love my bike

I love my bike Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks! I am actually active duty Air Force and I just got stationed here from North Dakota. Looking forward to riding Texas. I think I will be heading down to hill country in 2 weeks and doing that one 400 mile loop. Super excited!
  13. Ridin'nFishin

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your service. Have a great ride and be careful with the slick concrete water crossings and the bump gates.