Heart of the West ADV 'Roundabout'

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by byways, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    Counter suit and argument by the BDR folks is spot on. Echos my sentiment. A key argument to me is the timeline of word mark registrations- backcountry is late to the game( many others registered years before) and seems that they would have a weak case if folks stood their ground.
    reg26 likes this.
  2. bikebuster56

bikebuster56 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sent a message to discovery.com letting them know I would never be a customer of there's again because of their actions in this case. Actually got a nice reply saying they would pass it along to management cause they were monitoring customer concerns and reactions.
    Would probably be a good thing for everyone to voice their disdain about the actions to management of the company. Or maybe (probably) they just shitcan it. Worth a try.
    ABuck99 likes this.
  3. Son of MotoPolo

Son of MotoPolo The mountains are calling...

Oddometer:
    I did the same. Also lit up ADVrider about it. Doubtful they'd jump in the fray, but I really see it as corporate greed taking over the public domain.

No one owns the backcountry, and anyone who tries to own it never understood it. Lifetime boycott of backcountry.com for me. They've shown their true colors.
  4. a57m2000

a57m2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enwild (formerly Backcountry Edge) <support@gearnews.enwild.com>

Are they the victims of bc.com too?
  5. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    MaNDan likes this.
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    I've been following this and will not be a customer of Backcountry.com - To me, it shows a lack of integrity and it doesn't matter that they backdown on their suit. For me to ever consider buying from them they will have to do HUGE damage control and still I don't know that I would trust a company like that.
    MaNDan and eakins like this.
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Yes