Heather_B's "Buzz" 2019 F750GS Build Thread

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by AdamChandler, Aug 23, 2019.

1. mikefromohio

mikefromohio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great information.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. Turp

Turp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi, admittedly I just scanned and hit some of the highlights. The motorcycle is awesome looking. The upgrades are like throwing the wish list at it. Similarly, I did a less detailed sheet when I rehabbed/restored a F700GS.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    I think mentioned earlier but I just don’t like farkling a bike for years until it’s time to sell it. Build it once and then enjoy it. heather will have this bike for many years and it’s been built and fully kitted since mile zero. You do introduce some issues by doing it this where with modification compatability and introducing untested weak points all at once which can be frustrating but this has been a rock solid build. Only thing remaining to add is skid plate and she doesn’t need one so we’re just hanging out.

Thanks for reading!!!
    turtlespeed likes this.
  4. Turp

Oddometer:
    I agree and noticed the skid plate. I was going to suggest one until I saw it on the list. Even though she's not offroading, it protects from rocks kicked up from tires and those occasional dips and humps. I was surprised by how much mine is being hit even though my offroading is very light.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    We've been waiting for AltRider to make theirs but we may be waiting for a very long time.
  6. Turp

Oddometer:
    I can attest to how "beefy" they are made. I like the mounting and build quality. Hopefully they'll get one out soon.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  7. Two_wheels_rock

Two_wheels_rock n00b

Oddometer:
    Turp likes this.
  8. Two_wheels_rock

Two_wheels_rock n00b

Oddometer:
    "3. New shifter: I got incredibly mad and frustrated at times on our ride. Adam was lucky our comms weren't connected. I'm sure this shifter is great. But I saw Neutral FAR MORE than I would've liked until I figured out how hard I needed to kick it to shift between the full gears. The OEM shifter made it almost impossible for me to find Neutral while I was riding. I'm going to give it more time (and I'm not having him adjust the placement of it just yet) but we'll see what I ultimately decide about this one."

Any update, Heather?
    Turp likes this.
  9. Heather_B

Heather_B New Rider

Oddometer:

Good morning! Yes - the shifter is great. It took me two rides to get used to it and now it's pretty rare for me to shift to neutral (though easy if I WANT to). I laughed at myself just now for bitching so hard about it after one ride. :-)
    AdamChandler likes this.
  10. Two_wheels_rock

Two_wheels_rock n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you.
    Just yesterday I brought home my new-to-me 2021 F850GS with 1600 miles on it. Some mods are already installed so, I am ahead in some aspects. This thread was fabulous, very informative, and detailed. I have many questions that I need to research answers for. I've been riding a 2016 1200RT for several years and this side of riding is completely new to me. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
    Adam, your knowledge and expertise are incredible. Thank you for the countless hours you put into threads like this and your helpful comments on many others. Your contributions have been very helpful in my decision to purchase the new bike. As winter settles in, I'll have time to do some mods.
    Thanks again!
    AdamChandler likes this.