Heidenau K60 Wear

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by gzrglyde, Jul 28, 2019.

1. gzrglyde

gzrglyde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone using Heidenau K60s on thier Africa Twin? Wondering how long rear tire seems to last...and front? On most of my bikes, I get twice the mileage out of a front tire than a rear. I have about 5000 miles on these on my bike right now, and rear seems to be wearing pretty good.
  2. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer:
    You realize this is a tire thread so expect tomato throwing.......:zilla That aside, so far the set I have are past the 5k mark too and have a good chunk of thread left. It depends on how much dirt you do and if you keep good pressures. Average on most big bikes is 7-10k and it’s not unheard of to go 12k. Most people get bored with them and want a change just to change. I will say, it’s made a name for itself as the “ride to Alaska and back” tire. One set. That’s impressive as heck if you ask me......but I’m just another A-hole with an opinion on an Internet forum.:lol3
  3. gzrglyde

gzrglyde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I get the vegetable tossing every time tires, bikes, trucks, horsepower etc are discussed! I regularly check my tire pressures, but other than that, I don't get bored with them...that seems like someone just likes throwing money into different tires. I wear them out...not to the bone mind you. I just mounted a set of Shinkos on my old Road King, and caught a ration of shyte...I don't care...I also caught shyte because they are whitewalls...I do not care! I have Contis on my G650 GS and Kendas on my TR5T, Avons on one T160 and Dunlops on the other T160. Actually, the only vehicles I have where tires are a constant concern are those on my bike trailer and my RV. They seem to make shit tires for trailers and RVs...