Hein Gericke and FirstGear?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Jackson, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Jackson

Jackson n00b

Oddometer:
    Anybody know what the relationship is between these apparel lines? Is FirstGear the American counterpart to Hein Gericke?

I'm asking because I like the fit and quality of HG gear, but it's not always easy to get here in the US. I want to know if I can expect the same fit and quality in FirstGear apparel.

Thanks,
  2. Myles Whitfield

Myles Whitfield Studly Moderator

Oddometer:
    That's an easy one-go try the stuff on for yourself and see if you like the fit.

First Gear is carried here in Tucson by just about every Jap bike retailer-I've looked at it and it seems like good stuff...

Take a long hard look at HJC leathers if you can find them with their original labels thereupon-HJC manufactures a reasonably good product from quality materials and sells them to folks like Hardly Abelson who slap their labels on, jack the price 125% and sell them like hotcakes. For all I know HJC is doing the same thing with HG, First gear etc.

Last year I bought a complete HJC leather set-pants and jacket-armor included for right around $650 from my local BMW dealer.

In my opinion, however, if you want the best gear you gotta' pay the piper-his name is Andy Godfine and he's at Aerostitch.