1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Helicopter Flying A Mapsource Motorcycle Route In Google Earth

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Gatorwing, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Gatorwing

Gatorwing Abby Normal

Oddometer:
  2. Gatorwing

Gatorwing Abby Normal

Oddometer:
  3. paulhdick

paulhdick Wannabe Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very cool ... I just played one of my favorite routes that does a run on almost all backroads for about 170 miles. Starts in Los Gatos and ends at Alice's Restaurant via Loma Prieta. Includes about five mile of dirt roads ... Took about and hour to play the entire route ... made me dizzy!!!:puke1

Thanks!!!
  4. Gatorwing

Gatorwing Abby Normal

Oddometer:
    Congratulations....As you can see I don't visit the site very often. I forgot I joined this forum :cry. You can fly the route slowly or a couple hundred miles per hour using the controls. When you get to a spot you wish to examine more closely, you can continue at slow speed or even fly back in reverse :lol3. I have no idea why bikers have trouble with Mapsource as a simple route can be mastered in a couple days maximum by a fifth grader :hmmmmm. My Mapsource file is comprised of 126 routes and 451 Waypoints in categories I created in "Preferences". I load all the Waypoints in the Zumo memory and all the routes to the storage card with 2 clicks in Mapsource. It makes them ready to use in the Zumo to import as needed without hauling around a PC on the bike :D.
    Flying the route will catch errors very quickly and I do it for each route I create.
    The instructions for the PC set-up look scary however most computers purchased in the last 3 years are already set up ready to run "Google Earth".
    Just a simple FREE download of "Google Earth" is usually all that is required to fly a route in satellite view :clap.
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    way cool.
  6. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    This is great and can really be helpful as I plot routes through areas that I don't know. Thanks for posting this! :thumb
  7. Gatorwing

Gatorwing Abby Normal

Oddometer:
  8. Gatorwing

Gatorwing Abby Normal

Oddometer:
  9. ironbrewer

ironbrewer Hopefully Riding

Oddometer:
    Was in Colorado now in The Northwet, Washington
    That is very cool. Thanks!!