Hella nice price on loud horns

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Andrew, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I just ordered two sets of Hella Supertone horns from Susquehanna MotorSports. The list price was $65.50 per pair, but they have a 10% holiday discount through the end of the year. Total with shipping was only $126 for the two sets.

http://www.Rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp

listed at the bottom of the page. These are the flatter "pancake" design, it looks like I'll have no problem getting them under the tank on the GS. I currently have FIAMMs up front, mounted on the "tire lever" Zander bar (hello, Chuck). They're much better than stock, but I would like a more discreet placement. The Hellas are even louder than the FIAAMs.

Just a happy customer, no affiliation.

[​IMG]
  2. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
  3. Team Dennis

Team Dennis Certified Troublemaker

Oddometer:
    I also installed a set on my Guzzi Lemans. No mods were required to install,and the relay they supplied was not used.
    Now if the cages can't hear the loud valves, they can hear the horns.:rofl
  4. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    I got a set of the Hellas from Griot's Garage several years ago; they've been on my R100 ever since. They fit on the stock mounts, and make those f'n fiamm's sound like the wimps they are.

They are most effective, though, mounted next to each other pointing the same direction. That way the two tones make for the most apparent noise.

- S

P.S. Search for "horn" at Griot's to find 'em in the online catalog, the direct link I posted is redirected to their home page.