Hello from NM

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat: New Member Introductions' started by bwear, Oct 8, 2019.

1. bwear

bwear n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been lurking for a bit and really appreciate all of the great information and entertainment on the site! I have a DRZ400S and mainly ride off-road. I'm gearing the DRZ up to be able to haul enough gear for camping trips and such. Hope to see some of you on the trails!
  2. Dirtfreek

Dirtfreek n00b

Oddometer:
  3. Dirtfreek

Dirtfreek n00b

Oddometer:
    Been riding here in NNM all dirt the last three years , greater Santa Fe area, and more recently in the Jemez Mtns near Off FR 376 .honda xr400 that I've been quite pleased with. ( easy maintenance ,good performance ) but unfotunately not able to make street legal in this state.
  4. bwear

bwear n00b

Oddometer:
    Cool! I love the area around 376. Lived up in the Jemez for 5 years and road up there a lot!
  5. Dirtfreek

Dirtfreek n00b

Oddometer:
    If only the Cochiti access point was available still as its only 35 min from my house as opposed to driving passed the caldera ; drive time 2 hours each way , still have all the incredible BLM in la Tierra which is quite close ! Am also gearing up for the occasional motocamp , still fabricating heat shield for muffler , perhaps the next test of heat shield will be more successful ! ( melted side plastic and old camelback) gotta love dirtbaggin
  6. bwear

bwear n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I heard they shut the road down...used to climb up there a lot back in the 90s. I lived in Ponderosa when I had the bike up there, so spent a lot of time in areas up FR10. Paliza Canyon, Cerro Pelado, etc, but tooled around east and west of there a little. But also lived in Jemez Springs and Gilman, so know most of the Jemez fairly well. I find I don't make it over there that much with the Pecos and other riding areas nearby...long drive, like you said. But, I fell in love with NM up there almost 30 years ago, so I miss it a lot! I just got racks and panniers for some overnighters out there and other further areas of NM.