Hello From Pennsyvania

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat: New Member Introductions' started by Trickle007, May 7, 2020.

1. Trickle007

Trickle007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all. Just worked out a deal for a new 2020 F 750 GS in Stereo Metallic Matte Premium package with low seat and suspension. Because I wanted the premium pkg I have to wait for this to be pulled from the warehouse which is going to take 2 to 3 weeks. So i am excited to get this new adventure bike, this will be my 1st adventure bike, currently have a cruiser and love that but way more excited to get the adventure bike.

Right off the bat I know I have to replace that tiny wind screen. Does the F 850 GS come with an adjustable wind screen and if so will it fit on a 2020 F750GS? or does anyone have recommendations for a good wind screen?
  2. AeroPaige

AeroPaige n00b

Oddometer:
    You can get an adjustable windscreen bracket from BMW. It runs about $360.00 but I found that it's worth it. It allows you to use one screen for off-road or city driving when down and offers a lot more protection when up for riding at freeway speeds. It's for the F850GSA but also fits the '18-on F750GS. AeroFlow makes 4-different height screens and, depending on your height and the type of riding you plan on doing, one of them should work for you. I also recommend getting the BMW handgards as they help cut down on air that hits your waist.
  3. Trickle007

Trickle007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks @AeroPaige do you have any links to the 4 different sizes or link to the hand guards? I have allready ordered the F850GSA from my dealer he gave me 15% off and free install it will be installed on the bike when I pick it up. I was unaware there were 4 different sizes to choose from.
  4. AeroPaige

AeroPaige n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Guy, Your dealer should have info on the BMW handgards. I know that here are less expensive handgards out there but don't remember who made them. Check out "Revzilla" or "Twisted Throttle". You can find out more about the screens at aeroflowscreens.com. Hope this helps and,
    enjoy the new bike.
  5. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    Before you spend a dime, remove that tiny screen and ride for a day with no screen. Only then make an informed decision about noise or buffeting.
    pennswoodsed and Martijn Wils like this.
  6. Trickle007

Trickle007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ya no screen I did not like I went with the 850GSA adjustable screen and love it. I was debating between the 850GSA screen and a madstad, I opted for the 850GSA screen because it just looks 100x better imo. The 850GSA allows me to ride at highway speeds with no buffeting and is a real nice ride. 20200517_163446.jpg
    Mrmerlin likes this.
  7. molochnik

molochnik Anhedonic Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Welcome...from a fellow keystone!
  8. acap650

acap650 acap650

Oddometer:
    Having gone through six windscreens on my F650GS twin I finally settled on the Madstad, it is the only one that eliminates 90% of buffeting. Yes it is ugly but beauty takes a back seat to function for me. Looking at the newer version for the F750GS they have improved the look somewhat by shaping the lower edge to match the shape of the headlight. I would also guess that the price might be about half of what you would spend on parts needed to mount the adjustable BMW shield. The Madstad will also have a greater range of positions allowing for height and angle adjustments.
  9. Varget

Varget Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2019 R1250 GSA and believe it or not, I find that there is no reason (for me) to replace the windscreen. It's set at it's lowest position for maximum visibility of the road directly in front (if needed) and there's absolutely no turbulence. In a word, Amazing. The Klokwerks windscreen on my Harley ($180 purchase) is as bad as ever, though. I know that comparing my GSA and your F 750 situations is like apples and oranges - but think twice before spending a bunch of money.
  10. Trickle007

Trickle007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks @Varget but I have had the bike for about 2 months now and my dealer hooked me up and gave me a great price and free install on the 850GSA adjustable wind screen. In my opinion the 850gsa screen looks the best and functions beautifully. In the high position I get 0 buffeting and below 50 mph I keep in the low position for air flow on hot days. Love the bike, love the wind screen. I have put 2500 miles on my F750GS since early May and my cruiser now sits in garage on battery tender and has only been driven 50 miles since I purchased the BMW. I may be a BMW lifer. I am all ready eyeing up a 1250GS.
  11. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup BMW makes nice machines. I have 2 but the newest is a '99.