Hello in BERLIN!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BOOTLACE, Sep 5, 2019.

1. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gday from OZ!

Just a question for yooz guys and gals. I have a dear friend there, (she’s German, from Bavaria), who would like to ‘learn more about how her bike works’!
    So I’m wondering if there’s a club or whatever that runs some sort of maintenance days/ courses, that may be able to help out in that area? She’s already doing a carpentry apprenticeship, so it would probably need to be something not too intensive. But then again, she’s pretty keen.....
    We met on the Dunkirk to England ferry many years ago when she was on her very first ride..... 3 months exploring England, Wales, Scotland. On her tiny little bike...

CA9462A9-AFA8-4323-961E-4F39363CD4E7.jpeg
    When it was stolen in Scotland, the ADV community stepped in to help, passing the hat around to help with the repairs to recovered but trashed bike. Brilliant!

Since then she’s visited me in Oz and spent 3 months riding here. Did a whole lot of kilometres on a bike that was probably a bit big for her.. but did it anyway.

BB2C1F3E-E205-47AB-BEA5-F1A8722F887C.jpeg

So yeah, if there’s anything like that going on in Berlin, it’d be great to hear from someone there.

Thanks in advance, Boot.
    9Realms, Oyabun and Amphib like this.
  2. Michael-Hamburg

Michael-Hamburg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    i don`t know if they are offering any courses, but there is this new kinda "open source" Garage: https://craftwerk.berlin/
    I know some Dealers offering these kind of trainings, but just in the northern part of Germany, which seems to be too far away.

Best Regards

Michael
  3. nickguzzi

nickguzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    In Frankfurt, a friend offers journeyman training (he works in wood) to people from all over the world. I think it is an organised thing - he doesn't have to go find people, or them him.
    Maybe there is something motorcycle related in Berlin. It always seems more open and cosmopolitan when I'm there. Try asking at the Rathaus?