1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. samuidave

samuidave The Dude abides...

Oddometer:
    Nor from the government's police force for that matter.
  2. samuidave

samuidave The Dude abides...

Oddometer:
    Since when? 81 have been here for as long as I remember.
  3. SeaBass

SeaBass Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sniff..:cry
  4. BigToad

BigToad The Bone Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Sorry but HA are just a bunch of scumbag low life criminals, for those that have forgotten or never new, HA is the main exporter of the crystal meth formula around the world. Thousands of families here in Canada and around the world have been destroyed because of this gang and their most profitable and additive drug. Then their is cocaine, gun smuggling, murder, bombings and even rape. Good guys? Give your head a shake.

Ok sorry for that but i rage when i hear nice things said about this organized crime group...

Now for my sorta funny passing story... One summer when I was 17 (1977) a buddy and I were touring on our 750 Hondas when we came up on about 15 Harleys, some wearing colors. They were going rather slow so we just passed by, when i looked back i noticed a few flipping the bird so at the next gas station I told my friend to fill her up all the way cause I was going to flip them this time. He said no way as he was having a clutch issue (and something about liking his face as is) so I told him to go on ahead 10 minutes and I will catch up. The gang was filling up across the street so my buddy took off. I waited till they were on the road then passed them perhaps a little to close while flipping the bird to themÂ…holly shit, 15 harleys with open pipes make a ton of noise when they open up all at the same time!! I just about shit myself, the race was on and one of them was catching up fast so I just tucked in and let her fly. Needless to say I caught up to my friend fast and we just kept going, no rests for that day!
  5. nytrashman

nytrashman old and in the way

Oddometer:
    back in the 60's weren't the angles the semi offical security force for all the greatful dead concerts?
  6. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:
    Well at least they have ONE redeeming quality. :gun1

Molon Labe!
  7. petefromberkeley

petefromberkeley -

Oddometer:
  8. Buddy_Holly

Buddy_Holly That'll be the day..

Oddometer:
    I read through this thread. I have solution. Get off the concrete and asphalt and ride on some dirt. When you run into a bandito or HA on the dirt then you will have something to talk about!:rofl

I bet I will never see a HA on my favorite rides- will you on yours?
  9. InsuredDisaster

InsuredDisaster Sam's Summer Camp

Oddometer:

I went to Sturgis and the open pipes were everywhere, except where the pavement ended. Only way to get some sleep.
  10. OaklandStrom

OaklandStrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, it's the douche bags who ride with straight pipes in residential areas.
  11. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:
    Often, they are one and the same.

Either way, they are both pretty bad for those of us who like to not have stupid laws thrown at us by people pissed off at bikers who wake them up at 1AM or are raping and pillaging the countryside astride 2 wheels.
  12. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    So, did you hear back from their website? I'm guessing not....
  13. CJay'sFJ

CJay'sFJ Ready for anything now!

Oddometer:
    wouldn't you like to know...na'gunna'appen.
    Nope,

not a word. Are you really surprised?

I'm not.

Formernortherner
  14. BmoreBandit

BmoreBandit nomo B

Oddometer:
    :clap :lol3 :clap :lol3 :clap

especially funny part to me is, that its not even the kids who you would expect to try to be 'cool' and get some identity by joining a 'biker gang' (geez, that you sounds sooo :ymca ) , its bunch of middle-aged guys.
  15. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:

Y-M-C-A-!!!!!!

:ymca :ymca :ymca :ymca
  16. squonker

squonker Stupid is the new norm

Oddometer:
    Chick I know has a brother who's a member...guess I'd better be nice to her! Me and my little KLR...
  17. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    Federal Agents Take On Mongols Motorcycle Gang

POSTED: 9:39 am PDT October 21, 2008
    UPDATED: 9:51 am PDT October 21, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- Dozens of burly, tattoo-covered motorcycle gang members were arrested Tuesday by federal agents in six states on warrants ranging from drug sales to murder after a three-year undercover investigation in which four agents successfully infiltrated the group.
    At least 38 members of the Southern California-based Mongol motorcycle gang were arrested under a federal racketeering indictment that included charges of murder, attempted murder, assault, as well as gun and drug violations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokesman Mike Hoffman said.
    During some arrests, sharpshooters stood guard on surrounding rooftops and motorcycles were lined up and confiscated.
    "It's going to be a large hit to their organization, we are arresting many of their top members," Hoffman said.
    Among those arrested were the gang's former national president Ruben Cavazos.
    Federal and local agents had 110 federal arrest warrants and 160 search warrants that were being served across Southern California and in Nevada, Oregon, Colorado, Washington and Ohio. The sweep, dubbed Operation Black Rain, was to continue throughout the day Tuesday, agents said.
    Hoffman said the Mongols had been recruiting members of Los Angeles street gangs to assist in their operations.
    Four ATF agents infiltrated the gang and were accepted as full members, a difficult process that requires winning the trust of the gang's top leaders over a period of months, Hoffman said.
  18. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer:
    I grew up with the HA around me periodically. I have had contact with them on many occasions since. They are all about respect. You give it and they WILL return it.

I was coming down from Alice's one day and saw an HA Pushing his Bike. I looped around and asked if I could help. He told me it just died.
    I pulled off my jacket, Gloves, and helmet and proceeded to work on his bike. He was a bit dubious at first but after about twenty minutes (Just as a couple of his Bros pulled in) I found and tightened up the loose ground and he was able to start it. Surprised the shit out of him. I ended up a guest at their clubhouse a couple weeks later to watch one the early Tyson fights (before he became an animal) Great food and a damned good fight. Only issue i had was a pile of rice under my GSXR when I came out. they thought it was hilarious. I did a nice feet up Burnout when i left and they were cheering.

When I lived in AZ we would do Bike Night at the Tilted Kilt (Some gorgeous girls worked there) and there were always a group of em. They never started anything and periodically they stopped shit from going down.

So treat em like you would a cop. Respect and courtesy will flow both ways.
  19. Forty Years Ago

Forty Years Ago I'm not an alcoholic.

Oddometer:
    I read Ruben Cavazos self serving autobiography. The Mongols are certainly no angels:lol3 but I wonder if this massive crackdown is because the gang is Hispanic. Sonny Barger never had this kind of heat up his ass.
  20. crillyiv

crillyiv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You're kidding with the Sonny Barger comment, right? He did what, four years in a federal prison for conspiracy to blow up another club's club house?

LE has been going after the HA's for many years, including infiltrating and attempting to infiltrate the club, with mixed results. They tend to run things tighter than others because of it.

The Mongols got hit big because they got sloppy over the last few years. They brought in hispanic gang members to bolster their ranks in their turf war with the HA's. Some of the folks brought in didn't even own motorcycles or ride. This isn't the first time the ATF has infiltrated the Mongols either.

The Mongols dealings with hispanic street gangs and the mexican mafia probably did help make them even more of a LE priority. That isn't a racial thing. It's just good work.