Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Rapid_Roy

Rapid_Roy Rachael's Dad Supporter

Oddometer:
    How come we never read stories about people having bad run ins with biker gangs?
    Oh.
    :lol3
  2. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    There was this movie see, biased on true story I think, well it had to be. Right.In this movie ....... It has to be true.

Rod
  3. Rapid_Roy

Oddometer:
    I was going along the lines of, they didn't survive it.
    However, Hollister! (Before it became a clothing line)
  4. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    This thread is pretty good,enjoyed the read! My old man was a 1% when I was a kid, so I was involved in that life for a little while. Thankfully my Mother got wise and decided it was time to go after spending nights with me hiding in laundry mats and sleeping in cop cars. Booze, heroin, bar fights, stolen cars, Nazi flags, Lugar pistols and all that goes with it. Getting shot at by your father is one of my fondest memories, will never forget it.

When I got my drivers license, I got pulled over because I was speeding and the cop asked me if I was related to Jim $%^&* and I responded yes and he said "Let's hope we don't see you as much as we saw your father"..... So reading all the bravado and chest thumping has been a good laugh, some of you tough guys have no idea. We buried my Dad in his leathers, it's what he wanted and it all ended there. Good luck!
  5. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't have any illusions about biker gangs. I saw the first three seasons of "Sons of Anarchy" :lol3

seriously though, sorry about your father, Crankshaft.:cry
  6. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    No big deal, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger:lol3 I can only imagine some smug ADVrider with a fresh lego suit starting shit with one of these wacko's thinking it's just another forum battle about which oil is good..... Sure, they can be nice but why take a chance? If you get in their way or front them in some way, you're fucked.

One of my Dad's buddies blew up his girl friends apartment building. As I recall, He thought she was cheating on him, no shit. I won't mention his nickname, He's a bit of a legend and don't want to start any shit with anyone. I've got enough stories to start another thread but I won't. Be cool and stop for a coffee, make it home to your family. You can't argue with a wacko, you'll lose.
  7. CafeRacer99

CafeRacer99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the link to the fundraising Facebook page. I appreciate the support!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ChrisStevensFundraising

/hijack
  8. SlowRoll

SlowRoll One Day Closer To......

Oddometer:
    On the occasions I've come up on a group of patched bikers I've just rolled on the throttle and gotten by/through them quickly, waved, and kept on going.

In the 60s & early 70s I was at a few Pagan parties in Maryland. Not my cuppa.

A woman I had dated very briefly (too weird) ended up living with a Pagan. I was in a bar one night and someone came up behind me and slammed my head down onto the bar counter. WTF? Several other guys were able to get him off me and then I saw he was wearing Pagan colors. He was yelling that I had fucked his old lady.

A few months later she shot him with a shotgun. He barely survived. When she got out of prison she moved in with him again.
  9. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    :deal

:huh
  10. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    :huh
  11. Rapid_Roy

Oddometer:
    I had that happen all the time with Beemer riders.
    Except it was not his girlfriend, it was his Kermit chair, and I was sitting in it.He asked me if he could please sit in his own chair, but it could have gotten rough!
  12. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road Supporter

Oddometer:

well let that be a lesson to ya!

:D
  13. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Here's my Dad on his hog.....

[​IMG]
  14. Rapid_Roy

Oddometer:
    It will happen again. I live life on the edge!
    They may even threaten to get their Lawyer involved.
  15. Rapid_Roy

Oddometer:
    I did pass a group of about 6 bikes when we left a hill climb one day. They wer patched, but I do not know if it was one of the major clubs.They saw us heading towards the exit and the lead guy sped up to beat us, then turned out on the highway the same way we were going. He had no shirt, and just a leather vest, failed at covering his gut a long time ago, and I imagine the light rain hurt and that was why he was going 45 mph. We had shit to do, and had to cross all Wisconsin to get home, so when it was legal, I passed them. The lead guy flipped me off as I did, perhaps for having rain gear, or for wanting to go the speed limit, I don't know. I do know it probably was not the Christian Motorcyclists Club.
  16. HammerMacGreed

HammerMacGreed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man those biker dudes are mean sons-o-bitches. I've had a few bad run-ins with them, like when they pulled my rented moving truck out of a ditch, the numerous jump starts I've gotten on vintage (that's hipster for old and beat to shit) bikes, the free parking I've gotten at HA events for showing up on something cool, the great deal on a used '66 Scout (thanks Buck), the knowledge and time they've spent edjumicating me on how to fix old shit when I couldn't afford to take it to a mechanic.

Haven't really ever had a bad experience with club bikers. That includes HA, Ghost Mountain Riders, Vagos, Booze Fighters, Vampires and a few 1pc patch clubs... unless you consider HOG members, a few of them have made shitty comments about riding rice. :lol3

Seriously though, compared to the gangbangers, white supremacist skinheads, and Huntington Beach cops, the biker clubs don't even ping my radar on shit to be worried about. :deal
  17. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who do you think supplies their drugs?

I have also met some "nice" HA's and other MC gang members who seem like good guys but really aren't. Those clubs aren't thriving over just good old fashion riding fun but drug running, prostitution and gun running. Just because they shake your hand now doesn't mean they won't break it two hours later. YMMV.
  18. HammerMacGreed

HammerMacGreed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Police have been convicted of drug running, prostitution and gun running, kinda like bikers. I've met some nice cops, doesn't mean two hours later they won't shoot an unarmed black man...

Now doesn't that seem just a little bit ridiculous?

:rofl
  19. Rapid_Roy

Oddometer:
    My cousin was in the Sinners and Saints, and he treated me well too, but not everybody. Especially when he was drinking.
    YMMV

Not all BMW riders wear Aerostich and go to Starbucks either, but stereotypes exist for a reason, and you will never see a TV show called "Sons of the Roundel."
  20. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Key word here...drinking. You don't have to be a gang member to be a total asshole when under the influence of alcohol.