Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. motif

motif Banned

Oddometer:
    how do you sign up? sounds like an adventure.
  2. JoaquinMurrieta

JoaquinMurrieta Banned

Oddometer:

For the Hells Angels? It's a long process. Do some research, here is a good place to start: http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html

JM
  3. Dirt Road Cowboy

Dirt Road Cowboy I aim to misbehave.

Oddometer:
    Seriously?

I have never seen a Cossack patch around here. I used to see a few guys from the Longriders MC come through (they were based in Longview, TX), but most of the colors that I see around here are CMA or HOG.

There are some Sportbike/Stunter MC members here, but they're not exactly White Supremacists; Black Panthers, Crips or Bloods maybe, just not white.

4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    So this mean they'll change their 1% patch to a 2.5%? This mean there is an increase of motorcycle criminal gangs?:deal

We have a retirement community of sorts of HAs up here. Once and awhile they will make some noise but other than that they stay quiet. Its probably because they spend of the majority of their time driving cars in the winter.
  5. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    This thread is too funny!
  6. NickW1

NickW1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Every now and then I see a 1% patch around but only if the temps are above 65f, makes me wonder what they do when it's 64f. Perhaps that's what all those Ford F-150 Harley Badged trucks are for. :deal
  7. haystack

haystack Just ride

Oddometer:
    I hope you realize, 'MC' stands for 'Mostly Cars'
  8. ColoradoBC

ColoradoBC Shpadoinkle

Oddometer:
    I was standing in a cafe parking lot at the top of Fern Pass Austria yesterday when a group of about 30 Hells Angels rode by. I gave them a wave and got the hard stare from a good number of them, then a female passenger stood up on the pegs and stared me down. It was an interesting few seconds.
  9. diegosaenz

diegosaenz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A week ago I was making my way to Lexington when a pack of who the hell knows which gang tailed gated me, I moved to another lane and my girl waved at them before seeing their patches.

They of course didn't even nod back, proceed to tailgate every car in front of them while making the infamous and loud I-have-a-big-dick harley mating noise.
  10. CSI

CSI Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've dealt with single members of the Sons of Silence on three occasions, and a single member of the Boozefighters nearly daily.

1st encounter: Solo (with girlfriend) member of the Sons. Raining like a BITCH....he goes blowing past me at probably 80 plus..due to the rain, I was going MAYBE 45 (had my 13 year old son with me). A few miles later, I pull into a Caseys General store, and he is parked under the canopy. I stop at the other end, and after gassing up, I make a comment about the weather. We shoot the breeze a little bit about the jacked up weather....it lets up after about 15 minutes, and they take off again.

2nd: I see a bike on the side of the road, and signal to stop. About the time I am rolling up behind him, I see the Sons of Silence patch......well, too late now. He had an older HD, and while he had called the local HD Dealer, the told him that they normally didn't work on the older stuff, and couldn't get him in until the next day. Lucky for him, I had the cell number of a local guy that owned and Indy shop, and worked on nothing BUT older Harleys. Guy came and picked him up, and as far as I know got him back on the road.

3rd: I was on duty, driving an unmarked Crown Vic. Stopped facing NB in the right lane of a 5 lane city street. Just as the NB light turns green, I hear the unmistakable sound of a HD at WFO coming from my left. A HD blows the light, crossing in front of me. I hit the lights, and come out behind him. He stops, and I THEN see the Sons of Silence patch. I walked up, and asked what happened with the light. He gave a reasonable excuse, I checked his license, and sent him on his way.

4th (nearly daily encounter): The guy in the Boozefighters either has to be to work at the same time I do, or gets off just before I head in, as we nearly always seem to be together in traffic, where we ride together until I turn off......we always chit chat at the lights, making the usual small talk.

I have NEVER had any issues with any of the guys I have encountered.....maybe because it was always one on one?
  11. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot of it has to with the fact that 1%ers want nothing to do with citizens for the most part. As long as you don't enter their world or show any disrespect (percieved or real, perception is reality to them).
    As far as LEOs, they typically are respectful one on one or in small groups. They usually mind their own business and just want to be left alone. It is more of a mutual respect thing where they just prefer to avoid each other. However, as in any case of any organization the group dynamic can be unsettling.
    Not all 1%ers participate in 'gang' related activities. A lot have jobs and enjoy the lifestyle of the diamond. In some areas you will not find any petty crime or drug dealers in the vicinity of their clubhouses as they do not want to attract the attention of law enforcement. Sometimes these areas are actually safer for the neighbors because of their presence. Of course this varies from area to area and the more horrible the neighborhood they move into the more appreciative the residents are for the cleanup. Read into that what you will but in some cases the LEO's respect that as they end up with a very good neighborhood watch that doesn't want any attention brought to the area. They usually keep to themselves and any issues in that particular MC world are handled by the dominant club.
    Again, this varies greatly over different parts of the country and the particular group dynamics of the area.
  12. icebox

icebox Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even the Hells Angels show respect for a big bull.[​IMG]
  13. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like anyone else, their attitude changes when in a pack. Can't be shown up in front of their friends. Kind of like recess in grade school.
  14. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is a reasonable excuse for running a light?
  15. diegosaenz

diegosaenz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha I'd like to know this too so I may use it if I have to.
  16. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    What’s with the red shoes?is there a significance to them?
  17. TT RDHS

TT RDHS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, please....
    :lurk
  18. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Long timer

Oddometer:
    The SS lightning bolts show Red and White affiliation. The H.S.'s use the symbol. I bought a Harley back in the day (early 80's) and had to replace the footboards first thing because they had the bolts on them.

I will never get the MC mentality. I could never be that devoted to a "patch" and could never hate someone just because their leather vest had a different decoration. Then there's the whole respect thing. You get respect by giving respect, not by being "scary".

Also, the only places these guys ride is to bars. Then they drink like pigs and ride home. No thanks.

That said, most of my dealings with clubs have been one on one, and several of them have become good friends. They tend to be pretty nice guys one on one, at least in my experience.
  19. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    The HA are THE Red and White club, so the red shoes could be related to that.
    The OL's are THE Black and White club. You won't catch them wearing red shoes.
  20. dwizum

dwizum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, those guys are part of the Cinderella Slippers club, they all wear red shoes.