Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    More than likely that is the only place you see them ride.
    Getting drunk in public is a good way to lose your patch in a top tier club.
    Mostly the lower tier/ cop clubs/ bad vet clubs are the ones that are annoying in public as they don't know any better.
  2. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    I have trouble contemplating what is going through a person's mind as they sit for a "cracker bolts" tattoo - whatever argument they make afterward about it being for shock value.

I still throw out red and white bootlaces if they come in the box.
  3. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    All this is good to know. I'm not one to get pissed at people and if I did I would get my assed kicked because I'm a pacifist. :lol3 ...Many years ago in Vermont a vested bro passed me in some curves going like hell with a .45 sticking out of the back of his Wranglers. I was impressed he could ride a bike that fast. :lol3
  4. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but could he hit anything with that .45 going that fast? That's the real question? :evil
  5. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    A few years ago I was riding north into Vt for a few nights, as I got onto the old Bennington connector (where 7 no. meets 7 to 9) a group of maybe 18 HA’s roared past me on the left, coming from NY (i was still climbing the ramp from old 7) they were doing 90 easy. perfect 2x2 formation only a few feet apart, I could hear them yelling a conversation to each other. A pretty impressive show of riding ability. It was cold and drizzling these guys were in vests and sweatshirts.

Any way, they were out of sight in minutes. A few miles before Manchester I could see a headlight in my rearview, seconds later a bike blew past me at easily a buck ten. the bike sounded like thunder and the dude riding it looked Badass! Vest no shirt just muscles and Ink, he was carrying two gas cans on the rear seat. He cracked the throttle as he passed me and his bike jumped as if it had plenty of engine left.

About a mile or so out of Manchester I came upon them all on the roadside, badass in the middle of the group emptying the cans into his bike. and by the time I got to Mt Tabor he had already passed me again.
    as I turned off and rode up the hill I could hear the group thundering past ,up rt 7.
    I have seen a lot of groups ,riding over the years. This was the first one that truly Impressed and terrified me at the same time.
    I always wonder what it was all about.
  6. CSI

CSI Long timer

Oddometer:
    It wasn't so much the excuse as it was the fact that he was honest.

He wasn't paying attention, as he was looking as some girl on the sidewalk. When he looked back at the light, it had just turned red, and there was no way he was gonna get stopped.

Sometimes honesty will get you a break.
  7. dwizum

dwizum Long timer

Oddometer:
    What if, while checking that girl out, he'd run over another girl? Or a dog? Or let's say he just clipped someone's mirror and did $100 in damage. Would he still get a break? Let's assume he was still being honest and telling you what happened.
  8. CSI

CSI Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cop writes a ticket and gets his balls busted. Gives a break and gets his balls busted. And btw....had he caused a wreck, obviously he would have been ticketed. ....duh
  9. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap
  10. dwizum

dwizum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry. I re-read my post and realized it sounded really facetious which was not my intent at all. I was actually curious what the threshold would be for the honest answer "sorry I wasn't paying attention" to no longer be an acceptable excuse.
  11. gallinastrips

gallinastrips Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Compared to Wall Street, our elected crooks, and overseas wars, everyones else's crime combined seems to add up to about 1% maybe :dunno
  12. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm........
  13. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I get that. No ball busting. Just don't think that would work for me.
  14. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're generalizing.

If you sit down and talk to some of these guys, (Which I have done on a personal and professional basis) and spent time with a couple of the clubs. Its ALL about respect and while members are devoted to the CLUB, which the patch represents, its more about the "brotherhood" that the club gives them. While I don't agree with their politics, methods or understand any of it - I have seen the local guys do some great things in the community.

The scary part comes from your own biases.

The guys that I know don't ride to bars - and some of them put more miles on in a season than I can in two. And most clubs won't let members ride drunk because it draws unwanted attention to the club as a whole.
  15. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Years ago I was at a red light in Cambridge MA driving a stake body truck. I was using my side view mirror to admire a very shapely young lady, apparently braless, walking down the sidewalk.

....And shortly thereafter noticed a sedan that was also watching her, and not me! He hit the truck so hard he pushed me out into the intersection, even though I was standing on the brakes.

No damage to the truck although the frame rail opened up his front fender like a can opener. I went on my way - and say the same girl later that afternoon! :clap

So now when I'm on the bike at a light I'm on the lookout for the guy looking at the girl.....
  16. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Officer - "Why are you riding so damned fast"
    Me -"Because I'm stupid"

Saved me from a violation that could have impounded my bike and me.
    Instead I got a ticket that made sufficient money for the state and reminded me not to be stupid.

After a bit of a conversation about what he could have done, the final words:
    Officer -"here you go, Merry Christmas!" (it was dec 23)
    Me - "Thank you Officer and a Merry one to you and yours!"
  17. C/1/509

C/1/509 Now with more sarcasm

Oddometer:
    Sometimes you're going to get a ticket regardless. Sometimes being honest and pleasant makes all the difference.
  18. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    How about "Because I'm stupid and this ticket is a excellent learning experience." ??? That might get me off next time?:D
  19. Buzz363

Buzz363 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If great things means controlling the stripper industry and engaging in drug distribution and murder then yes "great things".
  20. CSI

CSI Long timer

Oddometer:

Probably not.....but I bet it would provide you with a little extra reading material !! :rofl