Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hoopjohn

Hoopjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Know who you are dealing with.

Thugs like the HA enjoy riding en masse so that they can speed, run red lights, and pretty do anything they want when it comes to traffic laws.

One time in the Sturgis area during the Rally, I witnessed 100 or so HA on Interstate 90, traveling at approx 90 - 100 mph, with a South Dakota State Cop following, lights flashing, siren blaring.
    None of the HA were pulling over.

The HA are about fear & intimidation. Not all that different than Mafiosi thugs.

Realize that contact with groups such as the HA can & often is detrimental to ones health & well being.

Pass them and keep going. Don't wave. Don't nod. Don't blink.
  2. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    I'd give the same advice and space to any large group of riders.

Group ethos, group mentality......why waste the time or energy f'in with something that is not in your self interest.

Kind of a shame that so many have negative feelings, thugs, mafiaso, et al, about something you know so little about. Try to keep a open mind, be respectful, mind your manners, and be friendly...that'll take you far with lots of people.
  3. ooweel

ooweel Throwing wrenches one at a time

Oddometer:
    We were coming thru SF area last Monday also when they were burying the H A that was murdered. They were everywhere! Lotsa chapters! So were the cops! Wise up and just ride your own ride! Since you elected to pass or weave around them you shoulda made FOOOOKIN sure you stayed out ahead of them! Not saying being scared of certain bikers. Just common sense! Your next encounter may be a Mongrel and the outcome maybe be different? Who knows? Just ride and have fast, safe, fun!
  4. Nico

Nico The Garg

Oddometer:
    +1. This and maybe a cordial wave.

All this hard guy bullshit being spewed here is laughable.
  5. socalmoe

socalmoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ride both an HD and a Yamaha FZ1. I always show courtesy to any one on two wheels. There is some aholes who just because they ride a Harley feel superior to every one else. I show up to bike nights on one of my two bikes and walk around w/ no problem.
    Give the "out law" type the room they need and move on; they will not hesitate to smack you if they fell "disrespected", specially when there is a few of them.

Ride on!!!!!!!!!
  6. lastplace

lastplace Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me: 20 years old on a GPz750 Turbo. Headed back to Boston from South Bend, IN on the interstate. Somewhere flat with lots of corn fields. Boost hissing away at 110 mph. Chin on the tank bag. Making time.

Them: At least 40 idiots on Harleys going 65. Using both lanes. Wearing colors.

I didn't even slow down. Split them like a hot knife through butter and kept whistling Eastward. Checked to make sure I had enough gas to go a while.

Not sure if I would do that today, which is a shame.

fun fun
    Charlie
  7. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whether it's H.A., or any other 'tight' group, bear in mind they will gang up on you, that's why they are in a group, because they can't do shite on their own. I've had situations where they are great guys, doing favours for accossiates of them. But they are allied to them first. Stay away from them, very good advice. They have connections which can be used to find you anywhere based on your vehicle plate.
    Steve
  8. Exevious

Exevious Competitive Shooter - Team FCO

Oddometer:
    In as much as I would never support criminal activity...

I gotta say I feel slightly (very slightly) better about outlaw MC groups that those HOG patched groups.

I mean WTF is that about??

'Im no criminal, I dont really even ride much more than 2 sunday afternoons a month...'
    'But when I do LOOK OUT! Cause Ima pretend criminal.. ARGHH! :lol3
    And my co-workers brother knows a guy who is a real HA... '

Avoid the outlaw patch for personal saftey - criminal
    Avoid the HOG patch for personal saftey - rider experience

*disclaimer
    Apologies to the active riders, who are involved in HOG and actually RIDE.
    Even tho I still dont get the 'pretend MC patch thing'
  9. lddave

lddave been there Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your are lucky the final drive on the GS did not go out on you then the Hells Angels would have caught you an beat your ass.
  10. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    +100

We had the provincial pretend outlaw pirate convention here last month.
    Many riders I know left town so they wouldn't have to deal with the stupidity.
    Real "bikers" aren't much of an issue. Respect is respect. If you don't give them reason to mess with you, they won't.
  11. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +101 !!!
  12. smokinjoe

smokinjoe hippie kicker

Oddometer:
    :nod

Would you have been as intimidated if they weren't wearing colors? If the answer is no, well, then it's not the person you fear, it's the patch. Treat them with the same respect you would want.....it's that simple. If you treat them like shit, get ready 'cause it's coming!!!

I don't have a problem passing them on any bike I'm riding. I've never had any of them give me shit about riding a Japanese brand, ever. Club members do what they do as a way of life. They understand that other folks enjoy riding just as much as they do regardless of brand.

Worry about you. They really don't want any trouble from you or anyone else. Ride your bike and have fun. Treat them with respect like any other motorcyclist.
  13. slipknot

slipknot Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    Oh yes, please write and ask them :jack
  15. rocket25

rocket25 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are old enough to remember Easyrider, or have seen it, then you don't want to end up as the last minute of the movie. Some of these guys would have no problem helping this happen to you.
  16. crooked roads

crooked roads I'm back

Oddometer:
    Helps HD riders . I flew by them waving as they were parked on side of road. I pulled U-turn to see why they pulled over. Oil dripping Harley "don't they all Leak oil "? They didn't know realy know what to say. I'm only joking ! Shop is up the street. Stupid CHROME OIL filter cracked :huh I sent one rider to parts place near by. Three guy /three girls were happy as hell to be back on road . Guy says what do I owe you? " Nothing dude there is nice folks on all types of bikes". So they took off to the next area Blue ridge parkway on the tour they were taking....:1drink
  17. CJay'sFJ

CJay'sFJ Ready for anything now!

Oddometer:
    wouldn't you like to know...na'gunna'appen.
    Have emailed the question to them...let's wait and see what if anything they say back. Can't see that it would hurt to ask. Most likely we won't hear back. If we do, then we'll all know. I had been wondering about this type of situation myself so I figured WTF. I don't think any of us is significant enough in their world to make it a big deal. Any of you LEO's on here, different story, i guess, but still doubtful they really even give a shit about us at all anyway

Formernortherner
  18. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I stopped for gas in Wall last year coming East from Menlo. It was a few days before trailer week started. I heard a rumble and about 20 HA California pulled in to fill up. They had just unloaded from trailers over by the 6. One dude swiped the cc on the pumps and they started filling up. I nodded as I walked by to go in and get a drink. A few nodded back. Nice bunch of fellows :dunno
  19. Exevious

Exevious Competitive Shooter - Team FCO

Oddometer:
    Which part of Canada are you in?

Most of the Western part.... BC area is Bandido territory.
    You should be OK :evil
  20. CJay'sFJ

CJay'sFJ Ready for anything now!

Oddometer:
    wouldn't you like to know...na'gunna'appen.
    Southern Ontario. Unless things have changed alot in my absence over the last few years, this part of the country is all HA. They got the Outlaws out of our town about 10 or so years ago.

I'm not worried, my email was very polite (as one should be when trying to get an answer to a question to which, if asked the wrong way could get you hurt).