Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. CJay'sFJ

CJay'sFJ Ready for anything now!

Oddometer:
    wouldn't you like to know...na'gunna'appen.
    Nope...guess we're too insignificant to bother responding too.
  2. YOOPER1

YOOPER1 singletrack mind

Oddometer:
    I was pulled over by an outlaw club rider when i was a teenager(long time ago) when i was on a cushman scooter with the tank shifter i bought for 50 bucks and they(2 of them) wanted to know what the hell it was!

yooper1
  3. krellheat

krellheat Milk Crate Challenged

Oddometer:
    Why did he pull you over for recruitment like the Marines?
  4. YOOPER1

YOOPER1 singletrack mind

Oddometer:
    I don't thinks so, i was not old enough to even have a license,Maybe they were going to steal it until they saw how proud that 140 lb scooter rider was of his "HOG" and would not give it up without a fight!

yooper1
  5. OaklandLion

OaklandLion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Hells Angels are a criminal organization whose members ride motorcycles.

Don't be mistaken by the random acts of kindness. They are killers.
  6. krellheat

krellheat Milk Crate Challenged

Oddometer:

Ever take a photo of that bike?
  7. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap E-Tarded

Oddometer:
    Do they engage in random killings?
  8. motorbum

motorbum Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Normally they don't do randoms, it's more toward the other gangs. The prospects are the most dangerous due to the fact they are trying to get in the gang. They are more likely to do randoms than full fledged members.
  9. YOOPER1

YOOPER1 singletrack mind

Oddometer:
    krell, No I don't have any photo's but i happend on a cushman gathering at a guther toody's in colorado springs a few years back and there she was(actually one like her) and brought back a lot of memory's of the kinda of abuse i gave that thing. trying to use a foot clutch and and hand shifter(mounted along side gas tank) while flying down muddy logging roads made my next one,a suzuki 90 with high and low gears seem state of the art!

Yooper1
  10. Trophy Mike

Trophy Mike w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer:
    "Don't cross him, don't boss him.
    He's wild in his sorrow:
    He's ridin' an' hidin his pain.
    Don't fight him, don't spite him;
    Just wait till tomorrow,
    Maybe he'll ride on again."

- Willie Nelson
  11. RoughReady

RoughReady Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode with the Hells Angels in 1966. True story - here it is. Right out of high school I got summer job at the Ford assembly plant in Milpitas, CA (now defunct). I had a brand new Honda CL 90, flattop haircut, and was probably about as clean-cut as as could be. I worked on the trim assembly line with a couple of Hells Angels and got to know them well enough that they invited me to a couple of after work Friday night parties in the area. I'll never forget leaving work and leading them to a local general/liquor store I was familiar with as it was right across the street from my old high school. The store owner and an employee, whom I both knew well, were certainly suprised to see me come in with my new buds (colors worn). Both parties were fairly laid back- just a bunch of beer drinking and some pot smoking (just coming onto the scene) with a few ladies in attendance as well. I seriously doubt something like that would happen nowadays. If I remember correctly that was the same summer that I met Gracie Slick and the rest of the Jefferson Airplane in the local Baskin Robbins ice cream parlor. Struck up a conversation with them as I was intrigued by Gracies' outlandish appearance. Or maybe that was 1967. Anyway, that's my Hells Angels story.
  12. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man, there are some geezers on this site!!!:1drink
  13. RoughReady

Oddometer:
    I just asked my 2 daughters (22 and 23) if I'm a Geezer and they said no. Watch what you say about me as I have a connection with the HA's and could maybe get them to drop by and pay you a visit.. Just kidding, I wouldn't do that.

Incidentally, last year I saw 6 or 7 Angels going south on 101, with the middle Angel profiling on a BMW LT. Blew me away. I was later told that one of the HA leaders in this area rode an LT. I have also heard that Sonny Barger is riding an LT. He lives in Arizona now and his wife rides a Sportster and I can't really see him on an LT , although he has had some health problems and perhaps, if true, that might have some bearing on choice of bike. I don't get it. Anybody have any info on this. Does anybody even care?

Reinhard R75 /6, R100GS, R100RS Turbo
  14. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    Eight pages of playing into their ego. "They" love this shit.

END THIS TREAD NOW.
  15. RoughReady

Oddometer:
    I seriously doubt that "they" are reading this thread.
  16. Da Bear

Da Bear Twisted toy maker

Oddometer:
    My dad was a cop in Fremont Ca. when I was a kid. Told a story one night about an HA he pulled over. Seems the guy had a vial of nitro on a chain around his neck. Yeah, nitro. Turned out to be the real stuff too.
    They put it on a stump out in a field and a sharp shooter put a round into it, no more stump.
    The HA told my dad he wore it so that if he crashed, he wouldn't be be hassled by the other guys.
    I've avoided them, I'll ere on the side of caution......
  17. farqhuar

farqhuar Human guinea pig

Oddometer:
    Yes, they are no different to any of the other outlaw gangs - simply a front for criminality, and just as stupid too.

Garry from Oz.
  18. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    Your being VERY naive...:poser

:2guns :shoot :pope :hide
  19. GS Weaver

GS Weaver idiot

Oddometer:
    Sticking up for the Hells Angels is no different then sticking up for other gangs. "The KKK isn't all that bad, hell in 19xx blah blah this guy in a white robe held the door open for me blah blah blah misunderstood they aren't all bad, stop being so closed minded".

People on this site get so uppity when someone posts about lane splitting or doing a wheelie in traffic because it "gives us ALL such a bad image!" Yet I read 8 pages of "those guys aren't that bad, they haven't killed anyone in years." I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid those fuckers, but I wouldn't go out of my way to respect them either. Bloods, Crips, MS13, KKK, Skinheads, Hells Angels....all the same punks in my book.
  20. GS Weaver

GS Weaver idiot

Oddometer:

:photog

You are my hero for thinking about that! That is GREAT!! Damn, I'm actually excited to get stuck behind a slow ass cruiser now! :lol3