Hells Angels

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Frank Sosa, Sep 19, 2008.

1. RandyB

RandyB .

Oddometer:
    Ever notice people expend a lot of energy arguing about something they don't believe?
  2. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:
    Once again you have shown that you have inferior reading comprehension skills.

I never said that believers should be locked up. Belief, in itself, just shows that you are silly, and perhaps a little crazy -definitely reason-impaired. No reason to lock up someone who might be a little crazy/stupid/naive but hasn't hurt anyone yet. But someone who HAS hurt someone, and THEN shows signs of continued/advanced craziness (believing in invisible friends + Past Homicidal Behavior) should never be let out.
  3. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:
    Angst? I'm laughing my ass off. It's funny. If you see angst then you are merely projecting. I piss you off. I piss off a lot of stupid people. The FIRST thing they run to is the "angst/hate/anger" card.

Projection...
  4. lunchmeat

lunchmeat MLI

Oddometer:
    No, I'm not fond of open bolt weapons especially ones with limited range. Let me know when you get one and and go after the HA so I can get a ticket and popcorn.:deal
    Orange Flash likes this.
  5. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:
    Get one? Hell I've built them, along with FAL and AK kits. Not that hard. Fun kits to build too. It's too bad that we can't have FA weapons anymore, but the semi-auto kit builds are lots of fun, cheap, and legal.
  6. VFR_firefly

VFR_firefly Buh Bye!

Oddometer:
    Look in the mirror and say that. It is just as good as hearing the exact same thing from my own lips. The feeling is mutual. But I'm laughing about it and you are crying. See the difference?
  7. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    OK guys, enough of this ok or its going to get punted to Jo Momma.

Keep any personal stuff out of this thread please.

Thanks.

MB - Perfect Line Moderator
  8. curbjumper

curbjumper Compulsive Lane Changer

Oddometer:

Right!

And maybe ask them if straight guys with CBR900's can be in their club too! :nod
    AZbiker likes this.
  9. inverted

inverted Berwyn rocks

Oddometer:
    must be different up here, I ride with a lot of Harley guys on my plated 450x. no one seems to care what you're riding, just that you are riding. I've never had to worry about passing a pack, I'm usually with them....:D

[​IMG]
  10. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Right on!
  11. blammo

blammo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any of those guys Hell's Angels?
  12. Sortadirty

Sortadirty Pet the sweaty things...

Oddometer:
    Montana, where men are men and sheep are nervous
    This thread (with a few notable exceptions) has degenerated to the point of nonsense.
    So, of course, now is when I jump in:smile6
    I've run into HA out on the road and right here in River City, and there seems to be no middle ground: Either they behave reasonably well, and act like normal people (using the term normal loosely -this is an Adventure Rider motorcycle forum, after all), or they act like :kats and seem bent on attracting as much negative attention as possible. Their website has their attitude written right across the bottom of the banner page for everyone to see, and I think that explains their actions better than I could. You won't get very far reasoning with or shouting at the worse of them, if only because they've suffered permanent hearing loss from those freaking loud machines they favor.
    I avoid :kats as much as possible, no matter what they ride or drive, and a friendly wave will often tell you what you're dealing with right away. If you can get around a line of HA without risking your neck (or being too much of an :katyourself), then find a good spot and go around 'em. If not, be patient. Eventually, you'll find a way around 'em. I don't run into them often, because they're not often on dirt roads. Any adventure rider worthy of the name surely frequents places a HA fears to tread?
    Some of the comments on this thread have contained such :kat-inine ideas, that they don't bear reading, much less repeating.:becca I read this forum to read about adventure on cycleback, not invective in cyberspace. Oops. My big word alarm is starting to buzz, so I may be losing some of you...
    I went to the HA website and read some of the news articles that mentioned them, and read how Canada considers some 'outlaw' motorcycle gangs to be enough of a public danger that the police track gang members and often deport gang members if they are foreign nationals, and jail them if they are Canadian citizens.
    My final thought on 'outlaw' gangs, HA, and their ilk: if they're such rugged individualists thumbing their nose at society, then why do they wear UNIFORMS?
    HA, potholes, flat tires, bugstorms, warm beer. Avoid 'em if you can, deal with 'em when you have to. They're part of the adventure.
    CJC
  13. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Nice first post Sortadirty. :thumb

People usually fear what they don't know or understand and are often to close minded to see that their actions on or off the road aren't that far from what they are up in arms about. This is just my observation spread over a few (ok many) decades.
  14. Brucasso

Brucasso Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I keep going to Joe Moma to read this thread, then realize it's in the perfect line....

Oh well, I give a 2 more days before it's there.:evil :lol3
  15. jeffk14

jeffk14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome, Sortadirty. Now go down to Jo momma so's you can get stump-broke. DAMHIK :evil
  16. tommytoc

tommytoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    was a major patch holder for years - retired from it now , well - anyway , leave them alone .....................................................................
  17. inverted

inverted Berwyn rocks

Oddometer:
    there was a couple there, it was a memorial ride deal for a local rider.
  18. plumnuts

plumnuts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    or c) Pack a Glock and don't be afraid to vent your frustration...
  19. RandyB

RandyB .

Oddometer:
    Here we go again....
  20. mistercindy

mistercindy In a state of equilibrium

Oddometer:
    North Dallas 'burb in a box made of ticky tacky.
    I've been following this thread for a few days now, and I wonder if the original poster or any of you who are really interested have bothered to PM one of our more illustrious members, the strikingviking. As a former Hell's Angel his is the only opinion on these boards that might actually mean something.

My 2ยข... Leave 'em alone. Here in Texas I've seen a few Bandidos on the road wearing their colors. I've only seen them riding alone, never in a group. Each was on an obnoxiously loud Harley. I haven't bothered them, and they haven't bothered me. As I understand it, there are no Hell's Angels here as Texas is acknowledged Bandido territory.