help i need any large screen gps

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by mickd, Aug 30, 2017.

1. PoleRbear

PoleRbear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is your experience with tablet GPS and riding in hot weather? Do you experience shutting down due to overheating? Have you used shade shields to prevent it or improve daylight screen readability?
  2. Secundius

Secundius Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @PoleRbear
    Try Sporty's Pilot Shop! They have "X-Naut" Cooling Cases for iPad and iPad Mini's. Which a Fan Cooled from the Rear either by "AA" Batteries or "Slaved" onto Motorcycles Electrical System. A "BIT" pricey! Not sure whether or not they have iPhone or Android cases, as of this comment. Last purchase made, was over a year ago...
    PoleRbear likes this.
  3. PoleRbear

PoleRbear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link. That’s pretty pricey though and I doubt those fans would last long on a dusty ADV bike. I had something different in mind and a lot cheaper:
    98F34CF9-5702-4B9A-BC2E-D92274F84B3A.jpeg
  4. Secundius

Secundius Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @ PoleRbear.
    A cheaper approach might be a Clear View HD Poly Vinyl Zip Pouch just big enough to hold your Device and a Cooler Freezable Cold Pack. Total cost should be less than $20 Dollars US...
    PoleRbear likes this.
  5. aussiehusky

aussiehusky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it comes down to how much real estate you have to mount gps's / shades etc, i am fabing up a mount for my Husky 610 using a 7 inch tablet an interesting thing is maybe use a small heads up display if you have screen..
    20190427_193020[1].jpg This is still in the mock up stage but so far it seems to sit and place nicely behind the screen