Help needed from Japan or Singapore

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Oyabun, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Hello folks,

I need some help from someone in Japan or Singapore.
    We're working on a software to flash Honda ecu's and really need som help to acquire info from the Honda CBR400, CB400F/X models.
    If you live in Japan, or Singapore where these arw sold, please help us.
  2. klausdorth

klausdorth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What kind of info do you need, like manual or similar? Living in Japan (almost 30 years now) and always willing to help fellow bikers!! *_*
    PS: mail: klausdorth at web.de (just replace the "at" with the appropriate mark)

Is it this here what you are looking for? [​IMG]
  3. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Hello Klaus,
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    I need a bit more than a manual - practically I need someone to read out a memory dump from a CBR400 or any other bike from it's family (cb400f, or 400x). It's a fairly easy project which I'll describe in an email, and takestabout 12 minutes. One needs a windows based notebook a cable and an open source software to do it. The process has no possibility to damage the bike at all - as we are reading the contents of the ECU not writing anything.
    We already have some great results from the 471cc 500 version of the bike, and I believe it could help to compare the settings for 400 to our bike.

The cdi derstricter is a similar thing, but it would not work on the cbr400. The linked unit works on carbureted bikes, where the CDI (ignition module) is imposing the rev limit. The 500 is a fuel injected bike with more complex engine management, where the fueling and ignition is done in one single ECU unit. The parameters can be changed for the skilled programmer though if one can "see the matrix". Practically I need as much ecu progrs as I can to identify all the "tables" containing the relevant information. The 400 sisters of our bikes is especially important, as they have almost the same power output (47hp@9000rpm vs. 48hp@8500) from 399cc as the 471cc "bigger brother". It is done with a few modifications and a different engine management strategy.
    Donyou think you can help me anyhow? Do you ride any of these bikes, of know someone at a local bikers club, fellow rider, etc? Worst case I've got maps from showroom bikes also in the past. ;-)
    Thank you very much in advance