Here are some of my favorite Arkansas Twisties

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by rideLD, Dec 17, 2005.

1. rideLD

rideLD The further the better!

Oddometer:
    Here are some of my favorite Arkansas Twisties. Most of the other roads in this area are good also

Attached Files:

2. rocker59

rocker59 diplomatico di moto

Oddometer:
    That's a great route !!! Ride it all the time !!!
  3. cbmwgs

cbmwgs Retired Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. ozarkrider

ozarkrider Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer:
    OK guys, there's a nominal charge for sharing Ozark roads with furriners.:evil
    Hey Rocker, we're close enuf we oughta meet and go riding down around Mountainburg sometime. Devils Den, White Mountain, and part of the Trans Am Trail are right there by ya.
  5. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I would also like to hook up and ride somethime, I'm only 2 hours from Devils Den.:D There are also rides From Bentonville BMW's shop.:D
  6. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    (There are also rides From Bentonville BMW's shop).

This is one neat dealer. A few years back I was at a BMW rally in Missouri and he did hamburgers for the whole rally. I needed some brackets to put my stock windshield back on my GS when I got home and would of been happy to pay him then and just have him ship them to me in South Louisiana. Noooo He had 4 GS's on the show room floor and pulled the parts off one of them for me.
    As a former Mechanic and Shop Manager, that's top notch service.

uhhhhhhh I agree, let's keep the good roads of Arkansas kinda private. ;-).. I was there last month when it was kinda in the low 40's and had the roads to myself for 3 days of dancing. From Mena to Mountain Home then to Moutain View and back to Louisiana. This was a date with my R1150GSA. The Date before was several days just seeing where gravel roads went in the Buffalo river canyon area with the KLR650. So neat.
  7. ozarkrider

Oddometer:
    uhhhhhhh I agree, let's keep the good roads of Arkansas kinda private. ;-).. I was there last month when it was kinda in the low 40's and had the roads to myself for 3 days of dancing. From Mena to Mountain Home then to Moutain View and back to Louisiana. This was a date with my R1150GSA. The Date before was several days just seeing where gravel roads went in the Buffalo river canyon area with the KLR650. So neat.[/QUOTE]

Hey Andy, next time yer up in AR lemme know. I'll ride with ya, show ya good roads, and feed ya boudin when we're finished. How can ya turn down a deal like that?:evil
  8. Tourmeister

Tourmeister What's that funny noise?

Oddometer:
    Finding the good paved stuff in Arkansas is no big deal. What I would like to know about are some decent DS riding roads, preferably all unpaved ;-) I am guessing there is a ton of stuff North of I-40 and South of US 62 and all the way East to Hwy 9. Anyone have any tracks they would be willing to share from this kind of ride? :evil
  9. ozarkrider

Oddometer:

Hi Scott,
    I've got tracks from some journeys into the AR outback. There are soooo many good gravel roads in this area it ain't even funny. We've been on a waterfall hunt the last two weekends. Going again this weekend. PM me if you want some tracks. I'm glad to help you out.
  10. boniface57

boniface57 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :huh Beastly Adventurer,
    Could you send your pix in a different format? I can't open them now.:huh
  11. boniface57

boniface57 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :huh Are those "tracks" maps?:huh If so, I'd sure like a copy. (Can you tell I'm a noob?:uhoh )
  12. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    It's not pics, it's a GPS track file in .gpx format.
    And "Beastly Adventurer" isn't his handle, it's his forum "rank" based on number of posts. You can customize them too though.
    RC46 is what he's going by.
    And yes, we can tell you're a noob:D
  13. Tourmeister

Tourmeister What's that funny noise?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback! I will have three routes, one to the NW of Clarksville (West of 21 over to 23), another between 21 and 7, then the last day will be between 7 and 27. It is hard to plan a route because there are SO MANY freaking roads :lol3
  14. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Ozark Rider will surely email you on my next trip. Probably be a KLR trip for more exploring about the Buffalo River Canyon areas. Takes awhile to do every road leading off 74 and 14 headed to it. Some turn out to be very interesting.
    I generally base at Jasper or Marshal and work out of a motel there for several days. Marshal is neat as Motel, resturant are next to each other ahe a good general store/gas place just about 1/2 mile down the road.

Is WarLock Road still on the TAT route? Wow what a road. The most technical part of the whole TAT across Arkansas to me. I was just so glad I had the right road and didn't have to back trak going up on those steps into that one valley.
  15. Kieth

Kieth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just finished riding out of Eureka Springs for 3 days. I was lucky enough to get the gps routing from David H. of the Kansas Backroads touring group. The routes varied from easy gravel, Dirt, some minor water crossings, uphill climbs (easy) to tough rock sections. all tree covered, some dust but not bad, some 2-3' deep water crossings, some mud holes, almost everything. First day from Eureka to The Cliff house for lunch, back to Eureka thru Jasper via backroads to Berryville.
    Day 2 Eureka to Huntsville, south via backroads to Oark for lunch, Oark along the mulberry back north, cross hwy 23 across the white river, winding around and ending up back in Eureka. What a blast .....:clap

If anyone would like the tracks I would send them privately but do not feel it would be kosher to post on the board, Kieth in Tulsa, OK