Here I go again

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by draperg1, Jan 14, 2017.

1. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    If your selling cause it's anemic opposed to the K12 it's actually simple to help give it more decent power.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1100-...020154?hash=item546fcdeffa:g:NRQAAOSwCPxc3w1T
    RT or RS pistons have more compression and will help with the R Cams it'll be very torquey but with the RT or RS cams it will have a wider power band and you already have the 37/11 final drive.

Cams etc https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1100-RS-9513-Camshaft-Support-Assemblies-with-Cams-Rockers
    /362653019740?hash=item546fcdee5c:g:Bu0AAOSwalpc3w2j

If you want to love it properly you send the barrels and cams off to https://www.uschrome.com/
    Clean those pistons up and hone to .0015 a decent 3 angle valve job while the heads are off and Bob's your uncle better more flexible power, BMW parts probable will take her up to a real 90hp.

If it had a small Hannigan like a bandito or a sport I'd want it myself !
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  2. draperg1

draperg1 PapaBear

Oddometer:
    Actually it is not anemic at all, it runs and handles well. When Bill L. rode it home last year he said it was stronger than his 1150. My reason is that the LT suits our traveling better and has much better weather protection for me. Since I have only put 800mi on it in two years it needs to be ridden. BTW the I meant the advrider fleabay. BTW, remove the top, use a small windscreen and it is the about the same size as the Bandito :D !
  3. draperg1

draperg1 PapaBear

Oddometer:
    During the lockdown I have made several small changes to my LT rig. First another change to the rear/sidecar brake. Originally it had a master cylinder on the sidecar frame activated by a cable attached to the rear brake pedal of bike. I never could get the adjustment between the rear brake of bike and chair brake right. Next I fabricated separate pedal for the hack which worked well but took up too much room near the foot peg and was not comfortable on a long trip. When riding Bill L's rig to him after completing the work requested I really enjoyed his foot boards. I knew then if I was to add the footboards to my rig I would have to change the brake again. My next move was to order the brake lines, quick disconnect etc. to tie hack brake to rear brake of bike like my R11 rig. Best yet, and to my surprise I do not need a proportioning valve.After this I ordered the footboards (love them). The next change was to remove the on board computer display. Mine did not work properly due to the fact I had my final drive built to a 3:0 ratio which rendered the speedo etc. inoperable due to the fact the 99LT had the pickup for these functions in the FD. Some of you may remember I added a GPS speedo. The one function that did work for a while was the ambient temp reading which I liked, but it quit and a new temp probe did not solve the problem, so it was in the BC. Removed the the display and added a separate ambient temp guage. IMG_20200616_185121040.jpg IMG_20200616_185043151.jpg IMG_20200616_183401971_HDR.jpg IMG_20200616_130609125.jpg
    RidgeRunner56, Ridn3, Bobmws and 2 others like this.
  4. draperg1

draperg1 PapaBear

Oddometer:
    Back when I replaced the stock trunk on the LT with a smaller (on the outside) Givi trunk so I could mount my aux fuel system I have been toying with the idea of painting it to match the rest of the LT. We have a local paint shop that supplies most of the auto shops in the area. They are able to match your paint and put it in a rattle can that also introduces hardner when you are ready to use. Tried it this week, it think it worked really well......:clap IMG_20200618_084141499.jpg