Hero? Legend? Fool?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by JMo (& piglet), Oct 4, 2009.

1. stteve

stteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ....and that is a great article, incl pics of Jenny without her helmet.
  2. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ride, and all the calls, Jenny. Going to unstick this now as the Dakar draws near...

(feel free to continue the discussion, of course!)
  3. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    No problem - thank you Nate - hopefully it gave a good insight in to the event for everyone...

I also heard today that TopSpeed TV in Holland have started to broadcast their series on the Heroes-Legend Rally - part 1 is available to watch on line here:

http://www.topspeedtv.nl/

With the others to follow in the next couple of weeks...

Yes, it's in Dutch of course, but you'll get the idea - and there are some nice action shots of the Tenere!

xxx
  4. stteve

stteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Part 2 is on-line now, with a nice interview from Jenny
  5. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Jenny, I understand you were under the wings of Desert Rose assistance? Would you please explain (even with a private message of course) how they works, do they provide different assistance levels and how muche they ask for? I'm trying to calculate a budget for the 2010 edition, with a friend, and at the moment it's unlikely we could get any italian assistance team... Thanks:1drink
    Gian
  6. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hi Gian - of course, no problem. Basically as I'm sure you are aware, since Patsy and Zippy finished the Dakar in 2006, they have been offering rally assistance for the Dakar and other major rallies.

Their extensive experience, together with the other members of the team - Clive (Patsy's husband) who has worked on the last three Heroes-Legend amongst others, and of course their various mechanics (including Bernie Wright who does a bit of work for Despres of course) all work very well together - you can certainly rely on them, even if they have to stay up all night!

You really need to speak to Patsy regarding costs for Heroes' (or any other events) - last year she offered a 'light mechanical assistance' package (plus transport), which basically meant you all mucked in, but they would take over if there was something serious to fix... likewise you can pay for just transport of your gear/tyres/box etc. which the two Austrian riders did (plus their own mechanic) - or, as I believe she is proposing for 2010, a full support package similar to the Dakar in South America...

Like I say, it's best to give her a call and discuss your requirements/options? The price I paid was obviously based on last year's costs, so it's probably best to discuss with her the package on offer for this year? Last year the price included transport of my bike/spares from her workshops (south coast of the UK, about 2 hours from Dover) to Paris, and collecting the bike from Holland (in the truck) and bringing it back to her base in the UK. As an alternative, the Austrian guys had their own van to transport the bikes and met us in Paris, and then loaded their kit into the Desert Rose truck in France.

Hope that helps - any more questions, feel free to ask...

Jenny xx
  7. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot Jenny, I'll get in touch with them :-))
  8. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
  9. Sportakus

Sportakus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jenny I don´t belive it...:eek1 :eek1 :eek1

You are my Hero...:clap :clap :clap

pd: I want more pics that your machine, please... because I have de new teneré and I would like prepare it...

Thanks, and one more think... NO FOOL. YES HERO AND LEGEND.:norton
  10. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your bike is so bad ass. We can not them in the U.S. But I have a new bike fund that I have been building just for that bike. If it does not come to the U.S by my 40th bday.(2 more years) I am going to buy a 690E and get a rally kit for it. But I could get the tenere I would steal/barrow so many of your idea's. Its a great looking bike. Thanks Ben
  11. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    I am with you, I really wish Yamaha would get their butts in gear and sell this bike in the US!
  12. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
  13. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
  14. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Hello Jenny, I have a special request for you, sent a PM, many thanks!
    Gian
  15. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
  16. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer: