Hex EzCan Accessory Manager

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by rattis, Aug 9, 2016.

1. SFDemo

SFDemo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Because it is still plugged into other ports that do have power, like the alarm.
    BMWBUD likes this.
  2. BMWBUD

BMWBUD This isn't my first sidecar rodeo.

Oddometer:
    Thank you
  3. bmwmotoradd

bmwmotoradd n00b

Oddometer:
    Good idea. My rear LED (http://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/high-output-license-plate-light-run-brake/) light is bright compared to my stock incandescent brake light. A 5% setting sounds like a good idea for consideration to updates in future.
  4. flybigjet

flybigjet Remove Before Flight Supporter

Oddometer:
    One other dumb question.

Is it possible to delete/elimiate/get rid of the "hold for three seconds" to turn off the aux lights? I seem to be constantly turning off the lights by accident, and I'm just hitting the normal "cancel" function on the switch. It's a LOT less than three seconds, though.

Honestly, I don't ever want to turn them off, so if there's a way to eliminate that feature, it would be great. I'm on the road right now, so I can't exactly plug in and play around with the software.

TIA--

R.
  5. thatHEXguy

thatHEXguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is currently no way to disable the feature.
  6. BradB.

BradB. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is the timing/process for activating/controlling the aux lights? My front aux lights (Denali) just all of a sudden are not on and I am wondering if they are just “turned off” or if there is a serious issue. I played with holding the wonderwheel and I pushed the turn signal in but can’t get anything to turn the lights on. My soundbomb horn and auxiliary brake lights still work fine. Ideas?
  7. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Attach the controller to your laptop and run the configuration program. The setup sliders and/or diagnostics should show what's wrong.
  8. BradB.

BradB. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It didn’t show anything wrong, at least I didn’t see any warnings or alerts. BUT....after hooking it up and playing with the sliders and then putting things back exactly the way they were before, the lights came back on. Just like rebooting the Mac. Oh well, crisis avoided.

Also, should the aux lights go to full power when using the passing light/hi beams?

For those with aux lights that you run in daylight as well as night, what percentages do you run the lights in for daytime and night. I’m a little confused as to what the yellow (low beam?) and the blue (hi beam?) icons stand for in the Hex configurator app mean and how to appropriately set them.

Thank you.
  9. thatHEXguy

Oddometer:
    If you look at this configuration page, the yellow icon indicated low beam, and the blue indicates high beam. There are day and night settings for both the high and the low beam. Exact brightness settings for those are going to depend on your preferences.

low_high_beam_day_night.PNG
    deadflagblues and LAFS like this.
  10. BradB.

BradB. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you. Not knowing how bright/blinding these lights may be, I was wondering what other folks have them set at. I realize all lights are different. But I guess, in general, people set the lights at a low percentage in the day time (Just for conspicuity), then a medium brightness for night time. And I suppose full power when the high beams are used or flashed.
  11. attila_66

attila_66 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have 2016 GSA with oem fogs. I use extra lights both night and daytime %60 on low beam. %100 on high beam.
  12. BradB.

BradB. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! That’s helpful.
  13. deadflagblues

deadflagblues I need a new bike

Oddometer:
    I’m considering swapping my Denali D4s and B6 for Kristas and a Billie. I’d fab a couple of short pieces of wire with ezCAN connectors on one end, Clearwater on the other. What connectors do Kristas use?
  14. phreakingeek

phreakingeek adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I searched, but failed to find a post that says what plugs are used for the accessories? I need to add two additional things and I don't want to cut off the ezcan plugs if I can source the same type.

Attached Files:

15. LAFS

LAFS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you just need the two wire mates for those two connectors? I may have some I will need to look. I am sure that connector has a correct name and can be sourced. I just dont know the proper name.
  16. phreakingeek

phreakingeek adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, just need two of the corresponding plugs to hook up a couple things. If you dont need them I'll gladly buy them from you to get the bike back together. thanks.

17. thatHEXguy

Oddometer:
    The exact connector specifications are on our FAQ page: https://www.hexezcan.com/faq/ - see "What are the connectors specifications?" for the BMW products.

The connector range is the Amp Superseal 1.5 which are readily available on Amazon.
    LAFS, phreakingeek and deadflagblues like this.
  18. LAFS

LAFS Long timer

Oddometer:
    There you go, Amazon for the save.
    phreakingeek and deadflagblues like this.
  19. howlep

howlep n00b

Oddometer:
  20. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been using an ezCAN V2 for the past month to control a pair of Aux lights ("Y" connection for both lights on the Red channel) on a 2017 R1200GS (LC). On a couple of occasions the lights don't come on when starting the bike. When I check the settings in the ezCAN app, I see that no configuration is selected. I reselect config 4 (both lights on one channel), and it all works again. The only firmware update done was when I first registered the controller. The one other bug is that if I enable flash aux lights when activating the high beam flash switch, the aux lights don't flash. Otherwise, it's a nice, easy to use device.