Hex EzCan Accessory Manager

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by rattis, Aug 9, 2016.

1. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    Holy mother of confusing website videos.

a simple instruction sheet would be nice.

there are TWO connectors on the rear of my R1200GS

one goes towards the tail light, and one goes forward.

which goes to what on the EZcan?

OH ok, the one on the tail light does not get disrupted right?
    The Cone of Silence likes this.
  2. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    apparently that is correct, because it works.

:D

is there a way to turn the AUX lights OFF until the bike is running?
    I havent seen that in the software, but I only had a bit of time in the dark to finish up tonight.
  3. thatHEXguy

thatHEXguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are photos showing the different bike models and where their connectors are on the installation page for the R1200LC under "Step 2: LOCATE YOUR BIKE'S BATTERY AND RDC CONNECTOR" - https://www.hexezcan.com/installation/r-series-lc/

Just click on the relevant model to see images which indicate where to connect the RDC connector. It connects to the TPMS, which is the rectangular black box. The squarish box (with the same mating connector, but a different pin out) is the accelerometer module used by the ABS.

Unfortunatley, not yet.
  4. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    Well that makes feel quite a bit less dumb, I wouldnt have thought to look under 1200LC when installing on a 2005 1200GS

seems simple enough to toggle a circuit on and off from the low beam bulb, just have to get after your software guy.
  5. thatHEXguy

Oddometer:
    Sorry! My mistake - I assume an R1200LC, but it if is the older R1200 (pre-LC), then you can look here, https://www.hexezcan.com/r-series/, again under Step 2. In that case you'll connect to the alarm connector, but there is usually only one compatible connector.

Although I see the LC is also listed on the non-LC installation page but shows pictures of the non-LC :doh
  6. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy haha
  7. side-burn

side-burn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone or @thatHEXguy know if there is a way to disable or change the steps for turning off the aux lights? I swear the 3 seconds hold and 3 fast clicks of the turn signal cancel get falsely detected and occasionally my aux 1 or aux 2 light is off when I get home. I wish the sequence was a bit more involved or the wait time MUCH longer.

Same goes for the wonderwheel brightness setting. The Nav, for example, can use a hold left or hold right for 2'ish seconds to change a song or do other stuff and sometimes the ezcan thinks I'm trying to adjust the brightness...grrr.

Otherwise the unit is brilliant.
  8. Aoitsukinosuke

Aoitsukinosuke n00b

Oddometer:
    I am with Hypersonic here. I guess.
    Flashing working w/o the auxiliaries would be a useful option. I'd prefer to ride with the aux lights off at times but need flashing for those dire situations.
    Also, strobes of off lights has a more eye catching effect compared to that with lights on. Even when they are set at a low percentage.
    On the other hand, some of us might not like the idea of turning the lights off but still getting flashes every time they press the horn button.
    A simple addition to the customisation screen might help. Maybe even meet at halfway by a toggle to say if lights are off, flash works only with 3 x pass button.
    After all, 3xpass is unique to flash whereas horn has multiple uses.
  9. thatHEXguy

Oddometer:
    If you want that behaviour, you can set the light brightness to 0% rather than disabling the light output. What you are describing is running with the lights set to 0% brightness (or 10%) brightness and then enabling either (or both) of the "Strobe on horn" or "Strobe on flash-to-pass" features.

The exact config all depends a bit on the precise mix of day/night and low/high beam features you are looking to achieve.
    birdie_xx likes this.
  10. Aoitsukinosuke

Aoitsukinosuke n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your reply but not exactly.
    I'd like to have either or both of the strobe features, with lights set at a normal level, say 50%, but also turned off momentarily.
    A scenario to explain what I mean; My routine is to ride with lights set at 50% day, I start riding, have the strobes, then at some point decide to turn my lights off via TSC.

Where we differ is I still want to have the strobe functionality during that temporary "off" period till I turn them on again. EZ doesn't let me do that.
    I am clueless about software writing but it sounds doable to me if pursued.
    (For what it's worth, I am the guy who started a discussion with your guys ending up with the v1907.1 version. And they were great about it. Amazing.)

Strobe option.jpg
  11. thatHEXguy

Oddometer:
    Got it. You would like to have a temporary disable (for lack of a better term) which sets the running brightness of the lights to 0% using the TSC, but still allows for the strobing/etc. It is definitely possible, but I'm not sure where that would fit into the development cycle. I've added it to the list of feature requests.

You can actually see something similar in action if you use your turn signals. The lights are set to 0% while the turn signal is on (if that feature is enabled), but the strobing with horn and 3x flash-to-pass will still work.
    Aoitsukinosuke likes this.
  12. GSbyname

GSbyname Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I asked a question in August.
    Never got a reply, nothing.
    Am I not worthy of a polite or timely answer?
    C'mon, HexGuy, man up!
    I'll make it easy for you, here's the question again:

"Question for ThatHexGuy: Is it possible/likely that you can/would offer Ezcan configuration via web browser to your website? That way people without "proper computers" (eg: only have iOs or Android tablets/phones, not PCs/Macs) could register/configure Ezcan.
    Or, an iOs version of the software?
    Getting my bike next to a Mac or PC to do s/w configuration is a logistic challenge.
    Website-hosted configuration would solve that problem for me, & I suspect, many others."
    Please treat your (potential) customers with respect. At least answer their questions in a timely fashion, preferably in this fotum...
  13. thatHEXguy

Oddometer:
    Agreed, it would be great and is something that we would like to do. It is on our feature request list, but not on the roadmap yet. We are currently focusing on expanding the number of vehicles that we support.
  14. GSbyname

GSbyname Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for today's prompt reply.
    So, why did you ignore my original question for over a month?
    Not listening, or not 'a priority' (to answer a legitimate question).

Anyway, moving on, I've started a thread under Equipment asking for Advrider members' opinions about iOs or web-based configuration of Ezcans:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/hex-ezcan-configuration-browser-or-ios-app.1407268/
    If enough people get on board, perhaps you might.... hear us, & eventually provide a solution.....
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dude, lighten up. This is a busy forum, and not all questions will be seen by a vendor. Besides, this is not typically where vendors chime in on their products. That would be in the Vendors section. OR, if you really want a timely response, email the vendor directly! No need to be rude.
    Huzband, eddyturn, attila_66 and 4 others like this.
  16. Aoitsukinosuke

Aoitsukinosuke n00b

Oddometer:
    Exactly that. Thank you for your prompt reply and all the contribution you make here. I really appreciate it.
  17. Tremblay

Tremblay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The fact that they reply here at all is a nice bonus. If it was a burning question you should have used the support avenues/contact info for them directly. Chill.

Are those same people willing to pay $100USD more for their ezCan? Because that doesn't come free/cheap.
    Huzband and JimVonBaden like this.
  18. Aoitsukinosuke

Aoitsukinosuke n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't know if we are allowed to do so but I need to get this off my chest. My positive experience with Beemershop.
    I bought my bike brand new in October '18. In February '19, my niece, who lives in Florida, ordered an EzCan for me and brought it over in May.

I never got around to installing it until two weeks ago because of my extensive travel. And by the time I did, Gen 2 was launched.
    I contacted Casey @ Beemershop and he graciously accepted the return of the Gen 1 unit, the package was opened though, and shipped the Gen 2 unit to my niece again last week.
    He literally held my hand during the whole process and it was smooth sailing.
    Great approach, amazing assistance and a VERY satisfied customer.

I just wanted to tell the whole world as this sort of thing rarely happens to me.
    Casey, if you are active here, Thank you for your time and concern.