hex ezcan question horn and admore light

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Bikerboy108, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    OK I want to to a ad a Denali "Mini" soundbomb, Admore Brake light and Denali or Rigid aux lights thru the hexezcan . I don't see any issues..Does anyone?

Question on the horn .. Can I leave stock horn in place -wired ...Then connect Denali Mini to Hex ez can and when I push the Horn Button will both go off???
  2. Solo Moto

Solo Moto Moto Psycho!

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. Cigars&Scotch

Cigars&Scotch My eyes are up here Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes. both will go off. EZcan is a canbus sniffer meaning it looks for the correct signal in the stream to trigger its stuff. This is the way I have mine setup on my 18 GSA
  4. cwjb

cwjb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just finished that exact job except using advmonster lights. No issues whatsoever. Don't buy any wiring kits or adapters for the horn. Just 2 wires back to the hexcan. You don't have to touch the stock horn
    The red and black from the admore go right to the hexcan. If you happen to have a 2017.5 see my recent post on finding the brake light wire. Any questions you can PM me
  5. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have basically the same arrangement as the original poster desires- stock horn, air blaster horn, stock horn, Admore taillight, Weiser signal conversions etc and I have no problems. ezCAN is great.

6. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    Thanks... I want to get the Cagers attention!!! what model ADVMONSTER light??? what u use them for?? Attention getter. or light up the night?
  7. Aviatordoc

Aviatordoc BMW R1200 GSA LC and S1000XR rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get some other light.
  8. cwjb

cwjb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got the model 40 floods(which I don't think they make anymore) mounted on the forks. I don't usually ride at night so it's mainly for visibility and they work pretty well for that. They were really cheap and they've lasted a long time. This is the third bike this pair has been on. Someone else will have to chime in on night riding.