Hey New York--Stay The Frak Out Of Colorado

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by nicholastanguma, Feb 21, 2015.

1. nicholastanguma

nicholastanguma nicholastanguma

Oddometer:
    <hr style="color:#575757; background-color:#575757" size="1"> Recently posted in the Rockies regional forum.

From the AMA:

On Feb. 13, U.S. Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) introduced H.R. 996, the National Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act. This legislation, previously introduced in 2010 and 2013, would inappropriately designate as federal Wilderness 23 million acres in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.

This Wilderness designation would make the land off-limits to off-highway-vehicle riders.

The bill’s current sponsor and cosponsors do not represent any citizens in the affected areas. In fact, the bill’s sponsor represents residents of New York City.

Please click the "Take Action" button, fill out the form at the bottom of the page and click the red “Submit” button to let your representative know that you oppose this inappropriate action.

Take Action (link follows):

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/...DkigPBIfY&lp=0

The AMA supports the designation of Wilderness that meets the strict criteria set forth in the Wilderness Act of 1964. However, many of the 23 million acres in question do not meet the strict definition of Wilderness established by Congress in 1964. In fact, Maloney’s press release says the bill would provide for restoring habitat that was damaged by roads – existing roads that serve local communities.

Additionally, Maloney contends that the adoption of the act would create 2,300 jobs in the region and save the federal government millions in maintenance costs.

Numerous studies have been conducted that indicate that properly managed public lands are essential to mitigating wildfire risks and that Wilderness designations cost local economies jobs and tax revenue.

The motorcycling community must remain vigilant and stop H.R. 996 in its tracks. This bill already has 31 cosponsors in the U.S. House.

If this bill is signed into law, the effect on the OHV community would be devastating for generations. Please contact your representative right away and urge him or her to oppose H.R. 996 so future generations of OHV enthusiasts will have the opportunity to enjoy the public lands in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.

Thousands of riders like you join the AMA to unite for a common goal – to protect our freedom to ride. As an AMA member, you will stand with hundreds of thousands of advocates nationwide fighting anti-motorcycling forces that threaten our right to ride and race. That’s why the AMA is where you belong. Visit www.AMAJoin.com or call (800) AMA-JOIN today.
  2. ktmjohn

ktmjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sent a notice to my NY representative about this ridiculous "feel good" legislation.
  3. RailwayRog

RailwayRog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Contacted my Rep. Peter King.
    I work in her district but that probably doesn't count for anything.
  4. mrxinpa

mrxinpa Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer:
    NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention I have signed the AMA letter & will pass this along to my fellow riders.
  5. elrontx

elrontx Outlaw Trail Rider

Oddometer:
    sent.
  6. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    All you have to do is fill out a form and hit "submit". Please do this folks. It's important! :D
  7. PullingG's

PullingG's What?

Oddometer:
    Sent mine through AMA and ARRA....important to have a voice in these land grabs/closures
  8. BtoV

BtoV FNG

Oddometer:
    Glad I saw this, Colorado should decide if it wants more wilderness not New York
  9. AdvRich

AdvRich Long Time SmugMug Patron/Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chuck, for the prefix did you select The Ven. or The Very Ven? :D

Signed. :deal
  10. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    So Freakin Ven., I think.
  11. AdvRich

AdvRich Long Time SmugMug Patron/Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  12. scudrunner82

scudrunner82 combustion addict

Oddometer:
    Done.
  13. Wreckster

Wreckster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Done. They restrict us enough here to where there are no places to ride, don't like that they would try to influence other states as well.
  14. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Done.
  15. akarob

akarob Green Cantern

Oddometer:
    In, easy peasy.
  16. jktpa

jktpa X-Troller

Oddometer:
    Submitted
  17. operose

operose Mama tried

Oddometer:
    My Rep is a militant republican, sent her a nice letter through her website, standing up and making a huge fuss about this would be helpful for backing up her 'small government' stance.

We are with you, Rockies folks, those fuckers in NYC try to tell us what to do all the time too :lol3
  18. madmaximum

madmaximum She said we're all idiots

Oddometer:
    Sent
  19. K75STER

K75STER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just submitted-I hope to ride CO someday, and I hope all these trails that I see photos of are available & legal when I do.

You gotta love it when some politician from some state thousands of miles away thinks they know how to better manage some other state's land!
  20. ebbanflood

ebbanflood Riff Raff Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sent