hey!!!!!VA Riders!!!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by FormerInmate 081920, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Chuck A

Chuck A Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Charter membership has it's privilages. And this makes No. 10.
  2. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Looks like my gamble is going to pay off... Stopped by Bob's yesterday on the way home from work and bought a Gerbings w/ Heatroller- FYYFF's!:1drink
  3. harpoon

harpoon Long timer

Oddometer:
    FY Jabba.

There better be some other tough-ass, non-electric rider besides moi.

Barry, paging Barry.
  4. Jabba

Oddometer:
    I've suddenly got a Widder F/S... it's about a 48-50 chest... any takers? Price is dependent on the temp on saturday!~ Anybody wanna borrow it for the day? I can bring it along.
  5. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be plugged in, harpoon. I'll be thinking of you as I roll down the road enveloped in a warm, electric cocoon.
  6. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    You all have successfully shamed away any thoughts that I may have of declineing to ride on Saturday due to weather. I have about 100+ mile ride to get to breakfast, but some of you must have much farthur than that to endure. My homemade vest will warm me along with heated grips, till the first warm up at breakfast at Afton Mtn.:splat :getdown
    I'll hit the road early, and electified and see you hardy folks at Afton Mtn.
  7. harpoon

harpoon Long timer

Oddometer:

Not sure what that WF/S is but 48-50, Jebus! Bring it, me and the GS both might fit in it. You got a trailer to carry it?

Oh, and FY too Mushman.
  8. storymitchell

storymitchell Member of the proletariat

Oddometer:
    The autumn of my discontent (Hillsboro, VA)
    Allrighty then - new battery, new ground strap, new back tire, three new back inner tubes, tune up, valves adjusted, new lights on the bags, carbs rebuilt, all new fuel hoses, and a VA safety inspection. Turns out while the carbs needed to be rebuilt, the "real" problem is that the cylinder bores have rusted. So the compression is low and I'm burning oil. Sounds to me like it's time to give the bike back to my bro-in-law afore I find more stuff to fix. After one more ride of course. Is anybody riding out of NoVa? I'd like to be with someone if the bike craps out on me (again).
  9. Jabba

Oddometer:
    I'll bring the vest- plenty of room for it. Story- Steve and I are riding down from Winchester FWIW~
  10. FuturaJay

FuturaJay Still Crazy

Oddometer:
    No electrics - it's called layering. :nod
  11. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving from Ashburn. I haven't yet decided which route I want to take, scenic or slab. I'm guessing you'd want to stay off the slab, so if you twist my arm we could take the scenic path together.
  12. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    I'm good either way. The bike is running great, so 80 MPH down the highway is fine though a bit cold. Scenic is good, but as it's supposed to drop to 32 degrees Friday night, leaving early enough to go scenic increases the risk of finding some frost / ice on the road. Given a choice, I'd rather slab down and scenic back (if we still have the energy) - I'll leave it up to you. I'm in McLean. Why don't you pick a route / place to meet / time to meet and unless the bike craps out on me I'll be there. Stated differently, let's pick a place to meet, and if I don't show don't wait for me as I'm most likely on the side o' the road somewhere cursing.
  13. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    Slab it is then. That's probably better timewise too, considering we do have a ways to go for breakfast at 9:30. I'll get back to you on a meet time/place.
  14. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    I'm watching - I ain't promising you'll see my ass out there if it's damn cold.

Supposed to go ride dirt anyway.

Barry
  15. harpoon

harpoon Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes :rolleyes
  16. storymitchell

Oddometer:
    I ride bicycles until it's about 20 degrees. To stay warm on a motorcyle I wear my bicycle riding gear, jeans and a heavy shirt, a sweat shirt and then my one piece riding suit, and I'm fine. Hell, a couple days back I was riding when it was 40 degrees, and everytime I stopped at a traffic light, sweat would start to run down my back. Only problem I had was my face shield fogging up, and a bit of some anti-fog gunk solved that.

If you believe weather.com, though, it's supposed to be right at 32 degrees at dawn on Saturday. I almost bid on a ZG 1000 on EBay last week - I may regret not doing so.

Tim - I'll be offline until Friday afternoon. I'll check back in then for the when / where info!
  17. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    FYYFF...

:):

Andy, been mountainbiking for about 15 years. Ride at night, in six inches of snow, sleet, all kinds of crazy stuff.

I ain't into freazing my ass on my bike. 40 degrees I can do. Right at 32 and low 30s I'm done. Until the lectrics enter the picture.

Barry
  18. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    SO what are you doing with all that money you got with the big promotion? Morton's has evertything you need. :evil
  19. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Just got to get my ass down there and buy the shit.

BUSY !

Electrics coming, coming very soon.

Barry
  20. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    I know, it is just so far away! :rolleyes