High front fender......

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by BLUE(UK), Jan 24, 2006.

1. leadvegas

leadvegas I want to see your uvula

Oddometer:
    I ordered the fender for the earlier 640 Adventure. Preliminary mock-up looks good, but might need a slight mod. I'm going to work on it tomorrow, so with any luck, I'll have a pic or two. I did it because I hadn't seen a photo of it yet. The fender is longer than the SM, but doesn't have the huge profile that the dirt fender does. It wasn't that much more than going with any of the other fender options, but it's a 2 piece item. Bolt pattern is an identical match.

Hopefully I get it stuck on and the extra brake line made up tomorrow... but I don't get my wheel back from Woody's until the end of the week :evil
  2. pistilpete

pistilpete smilin n the ozarks

Oddometer:
    What brace? 125 man thats cookin. That low fender just looks like its going to catch something nasty and rip it right off. Looking at different options appreciate the input.:1drink
  3. BLUE(UK)

BLUE(UK) Long timer

Oddometer:
    It rides fine with the low fender on regular tarmac.....on the courtesy bike i used to do 135mph to save me thrashing mine!!:D
  4. rightsideup

rightsideup Get your motor running...

Oddometer:
    Blue, didn't you know that the LC8 likes to be thrashed... at least mine does!
  5. pistilpete

pistilpete smilin n the ozarks

Oddometer:
    135 geez, I ate ford aerostar at 111 today never hit 6th gear. I love this bike
  6. Swashplate

Swashplate LUV TO HVR

Oddometer:
    No wobble. FYI I tried the EXC fender and I found the aerodynamics/airflow was different. I am 5-10, 180lbs, standard seat, ARAI XD helmet. I got some wind buffeting on the HWY so I went to the SM fender and that wind buffeting was pretty much gone as compared to the EXC(aka t.t fender).

My next upgrade is the Euro Headlight with Euro H.L. switch and right mirror moved to the brake perch cap thing to line it up with the left mirror
  7. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:
    Pete, you can buy a cheap switch and put it somewhere inside the fairing, you would need it only when you're low on battery anyway, you will save big bucks and buy some other equipment for that mistress,
    Damn, it's an expensive mistress indeed (those are the sweetest though...)
  8. BLUE(UK)

BLUE(UK) Long timer

Oddometer:
    The brace is the BLACK thing that fits on the top of the fender and braces it to the bottom yokes(fork clamps).....costs about £5 so is worth it just in case.
  9. ram1000

ram1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a carbon fibre look front fender out there? I don't particularly want a KTM as I like the YZ front fender the best. I put a plastic YZ fender on my wifes DR650 and think it looks good, but I would rather have it look like carbon, although I can't afford real carbon.
  10. trident

trident Town Idiot

Oddometer:
    The only thing Ive seen is a real carbon fender and or fender brace from carbon proformance...

You could get yourself some carbon look sticker sheet and with a 10% baby shampoo mix wet the entire surface and apply the sticker material and squeegie and strech the sheet till there are no more bubbles or wrinkles...

Thats my 2 cents worth of bad spelling!
    :evil