High velocity gear, where are you?

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spuh, Jun 2, 2017.

1. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry if this information exists somewhere here already; I can't find such information.
    High velocity gear sold good quality stuff ( pressure suits and gloves) at excellent prices. I recall reading here HVG was discontinuing the pressure suits. No mention of gloves.
    What is the present status of HVG? Closed temporarily? Gone? Sleeping?
    Thank you in advance for your updates.
  2. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's an echo in here. Anyone else interested?
  3. CaptJerry

CaptJerry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BUMP I bought a pair of Velocity Gear gloves maybe 5 years ago and have been very happy with the high quality. I just came back today to shop for a new pair and couldn't find a site to shop. I'm interested too. When I first bought I know they were having issues staying in stock because of overseas production issues.

Anybody know if they are still in business? And where to find them.
  4. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the exhibition pro's were the best gloves i've ever owned. Unfortunately, not puppy proof though:lol3

I've got a pair of Formula and waterproof formulas if anyone is interested. I'm a solid 9 in BMW/Held gloves. Can't remember what that is in these.
  5. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Levain, are your waterproof pair waterproof? That's.the problem with mine, leaky. John said he'd replace them when new stock came in; never happened.
  6. velocitygear1

velocitygear1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Timing is interesting here.. Quit a couple years ago, supplier issues driving me nuts in conjunction with a marketing nightmare. Just not my forte. Fortunately or unfortunately, I've been contemplating getting back on the horse but with gloves only. I still wear our last version of body armor but the hassle of procurement is unbelievable!

A little disheartening to see so few responses here, was thinking of rebranding if I restart. Anyone have any words of encouragement or discouragement? Be honest, I like it straight!
    thelastfoiter likes this.
  7. velocitygear1

velocitygear1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My apologies for not following through, when it comes to the end of the line, shit just happens. However, I may have some waterproof pairs left, size?
  8. Creation

Creation Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the juggernaut and the pair of adventure gloves. Love both of them! Even if the gloves are too tight for my hands I still squeeze them on because they are better than what I have now.

Keep the gloves going for sure. They are the best and I'd be in for another pair especially if we have waterproof as an option.
  9. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll take another pair of Exhibition Pro's. Add some of that wire to use with a phone this time around?
  10. Creation

Oddometer:
    Also to add. I didn't mind the wait. The juggernaut was worth it. Never ride without it.

Wanted to buy the white one I saw posted, but when I came back the site was gone :(
  11. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi John, glad to see you're still here.

It sounded like you were frustrated at that time; I'm not surprised you've taken a break. I',ll get back to.you when I get home, with the size. It'd be great to get a functioning waterproof pair.

They're excellent gloves, although Racer gloves fit and feel better, yours feel much more substantial and protective. Cast my vote for your return to the glove market.
  12. velocitygear1

velocitygear1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Waterproof gloves are a different animal, in regard to comfort and fit. I'd be more focused on the glove quality and feel that saw us receive better reviews than Know, Dainese, Alpinestars, Revit, Icon, RS Taichi and Teknic in Motorcyclist Magazines 2012 Review. The material failure in that review and other issues associated with glove manufacturing in Pakistan would be the hardest things to conquer moving forward. Otherwise, we would have won that review, "hands down" as mentioned in the link below:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/news/when-gloves-come-gear
  13. velocitygear1

velocitygear1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's somewhat annoying; body armor is what started it all but the quality was never as good as our gloves, yet the gloves never sold that well.
    Are you 6'2" or above?
  14. Creation

Oddometer:
    I'm a short guy at 5'10". Only thing on my suit is the mesh on the chest pad starting to fray more and more, other than that it's held up to all my falls and even another rider hitting me at over 30mph. It's a great piece of kit man.
  15. velocitygear1

velocitygear1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We still wear ours religiously! I started with these simply due to personal experience, the amount of carnage I was and am still able to walk away from still makes this one of the most important pieces of protective gear, aside from a helmet and boots! and knee braces lol...

The issue with body armor remains the people, too many sacrifice comfort for protection or complain about some trivial nonsense! My son's are perfect examples but through the years, each one has learned that body armor and knowing how to use it, will save your ass in ways most cannot imagine!
  16. Creation

Oddometer:
    I totally agree. Neck brace, armor and your gloves saved me when the rider hit me dead on. I tumbled down a hill at capitol forest about 200ft only being stopped by a tree to my back. The other rider only fell over his handle bars and he ended up with a broken hand, foot, 5 ribs, and a pelvis fracture.

I had bruising, that's all.
  17. velocitygear1

velocitygear1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it out all-right.. I'm not a neck brace guy, have never worn one. After seeing initial issues with collarbone breakage and the trend of top MX guys ditching them, I lost faith. The never ending debate...lol

Curious, what neck brace do you wear?
  18. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Velocitygear1, I sent you a PM;. My glove size is medium. Fingers crossed that's one of the sizes you have left.

As to neck braces, I wonder when someone will integrate a neck brace with a pressure suit? One piece would be easier and quicker to don plus there'd be no fit/interference issues. And if Velocity Gear made one, it'd be affordable.. (But I understand if you decide not to re-enter that market .)

Heartfelt thanks for making great gear at a great price and for supporting and protecting us inmates. And for standing behind those products, especially in the cases of supplier failings. I hope in the future you do decide to return to market.
  19. Creation

Oddometer:
    Leatt 4.5, fit almost perfect with my juggernaut. Only mod was about .25 sanded off the side lips. I dealt with it for a long time though and was fine.
  20. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello velocitygear1. It's been a couple weks now. Are younstill here?