Highland Motors

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by 805gregg, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Oldobi

Oldobi Olli

Oddometer:
    No I was talking about the regulator.
  2. GreaseSnake

GreaseSnake 2wheeled maniac

Oddometer:
    Just chiming in to say hello. Still got two of these in my garage..
  3. guevara4rever

guevara4rever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My friend has a dyno, can anyone has the firmware and software to flash the ECU. He said he would help set up the ECU, but it is not know how to connect it. My ECU in a large aluminum box.

This is the correct valve clearance? How often do they need to be checked and adjusted?
  4. Oldobi

Oldobi Olli

Oddometer:
    Hello
    The valve clearance is the right one. I check it every 4 years. It depends how much you use the motorcycle.
    Sorry I don´t know nothing about the ECU.
    Olli
  5. guevara4rever

guevara4rever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I drove in a season of about 15,000 km. I need to check the valve clearances?
  6. GreaseSnake

Oddometer:
    15000km, you should check your clearances yes.
  7. Lorretto

Lorretto City Dweller Crushperado Supporter

Oddometer:
    Johan:

Good to see you back. Any breakthroughs on the Highland engines you can share?

My only addition to the collective knowledge base is that the Earth-X battery has not let me down.
  8. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    I had problems with the Highland charging system and eventually melted the OEM VRR. Replaced with a Mosfet VRR and the charging problems went away. The bike ate several batteries while I was throwing parts at the charging system - one being a Shorai. Probably not the batteries fault but I had a Shorai in the Highland and one in a KTM and both died a premature death. The Shorai battery that fits a KTM 950 will fit in a 2004 Highland Allroad battery box under the seat. As far as I know, there are no differences in the Outback or Motard but hopefully someone else will chime in to confirm. You may want to consider the Earth-X, if available in Sweden, as there is some sort of built in system to protect the battery from discharge - not sure about overcharge protection. I also killed an Antigravity battery in the Highland but it seemed to be a better choice than the Shorai. YMMV
  9. Lorretto

Oddometer:
  10. Lorretto

Oddometer:

No worries on the English I understood what you meant.

On the battery I would suggest you get the cheapest AGM battery that will start the bike until you solve whatever the charging problem is. Hate to see you make the same mistake I did and toast a high dollar battery running down the charging issue.

It was some time ago that I placed the order but I think these are the leads - check with Easternbeaver to be sure as they are very knowledgeable:

NEW! - FH012/010 Connectors with Leads

[​IMG]
    Black (Pt A) and Grey (Pt B) are now available separately and in 2 lengths: 28” (71 cm) or 56” (142 cm).

Long Pt B wires can go straight to the alternator (solder onto alternator).

All wires high temp with high temp sheathing

Battery leads - red and black 12 AWG

These are the oil filters listed by Rollox

Fram PH5796
    Bosch P3336
    Mahle OC 309
    Renault Megane series

I couldn't find any of these in the US but below are the specs from the filters that I was able to get

FILTER-MART CORP. P/N..................... 15-2304 PRICE EACH 9.91
    DESCRIPTION.........................................
    HYDRAULIC FILTER ELEMENT
    PLEASE CALL!
    PERFORMANCE DATA:

MICRON RATING.................................. 75
    BETA RATING.........................................
    COLLAPSE PRESSURE RATING.........
    MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE...............
    DIRECTION OF FLOW..........................
    OUTSIDE->IN
    DIMENSIONAL DATA:
    (A) OUTER DIAMETER, TOP................
    3.54 ** Element may vary from picture.
    (B) OUTER DIAMETER, BOTTOM...... 3.54
    (C) INNER DIAMETER, TOP................
    (D) INNER DIAMETER, BOTTOM......
    (E) LENGTH..............................................
    (F) THREAD..............................................
    M20X1.5-6HINT
    PHYSICAL DATA:
    HANDLE....................................................
    NONE
    SEAL MATERIAL....................................
    NONE
    TYPE OF ADHESIVE...............................
    N/A
    TYPE OF ENDCAP...................................
    STEEL
    CENTERTUBE.........................................
    STEEL
    TYPE OF MEDIA.....................................
    PAPER
    FILTER AREA..........................................
    SQ.IN.
    PLATING..................................................
    N/A
    OUTER JACKET......................................
    YES
    CONFIGURATION..................................
    SINGLE OPEN END
    PACKAGING DATA:
    NUMBER PER CARTON........................
    WEIGHT OF CARTON............................

Attached Files:

11. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    It looks like any hope for US Highland rising from the ashes does not look good.

SEC Filing

Form 8-K for US HIGHLAND, INC.

2-Mar-2016
    Other Events, Financial Statements and Exhibits

Item 8.01 Other Events.
    On March 1, 2016, US Highland, Inc., an Oklahoma corporation (the "Company") entered into that certain agreement (the "Agreement") with Mr. John D. Gibbs ("Gibbs" or the "Lender"), relating to that certain convertible promissory note, as amended, issued by the Company to Gibbs on July 23, 2013 for the principal amount of $500,000 and secured by all of the tangible and intangible assets of the Company pursuant to that certain Security Agreement, dated July 23, 2013, between the Company and the Lender (the "Note").
    The Note, as amended, matures on December 31, 2016. From July 23, 2013, the issue date of the Note, until July 31, 2014, the original maturity date, the principal amount of the Note bore interest at a rate of 8%, compounded monthly, per annum. On December 31, 2015, the parties agreed that, effective as of August 31, 2014, the interest rate was increased to 12% per annum; provided, however, that it may be reduced to 8% for any period of time in which interest is paid in cash and not accrued. As of the date of this Form 8-K, the outstanding principal and accrued interest on the Note is an aggregate of $648,375.
    Due to a dispute between the Company and Pine Street Investment Group, LLC, the landlord (the "Landlord") of the Company's warehouse located at 1411 N. 105th E. Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74116 (the "Warehouse") relating to outstanding rent, incurred expenses and legal fees for the aggregate of amount of $92,581, the assets of the Company stored in the warehouse are being offered for sale at a public auction to be held at 8:00 a.m. (Central Time) on March 3, 2016 at the Warehouse. The Company rents the Warehouse pursuant to that certain Lease Agreement, dated January 27, 2012, as amended.
    All proceeds of the public auction will be used to pay the Company's outstanding rental obligations to the Landlord. If the auction proceeds are more than the outstanding rent, the Landlord will remit such amount to the Company. Pursuant to the Agreement, the Company has agreed to remit all auction proceeds received from the Landlord in excess of the Company's outstanding obligations under the Lease to the Lender. Any amounts received by the Lender shall be applied, first, towards accrued interest and second, towards the principal amount under the Note.
    The Company still owns and maintains its intellectual property rights to engine platforms and plans to continue its development of these platforms in the power sports industry.
  12. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    Illiotta:

I am not even close to being a decent wrench. As far as the installation [from memory so don't rely on me] there are only two yellow wires coming off the stator that are spliced into the Eastern Beaver pig tail. The Eastern Beaver wiring is set up for 3 phase and I just ignored one lead on the stator side. My recollection was I ran the Red and Black wires to the battery. Wiring diagram is below.

Hopefully one of the more mechanically inclined inmates will point you in the right direction.

upload_2016-3-4_11-0-23.png

upload_2016-3-4_10-59-35.png
  13. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    I think it is two phase - not sure if that is the right term or not, as only two wires come off the stator on my bike.
  14. guevara4rever

guevara4rever Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    The VRR will have three slots for the stator input side wires [yellow]. The stator on the Allroad had only two output yellow wires to input into the VRR. One slot is not needed.

Here is a discussion of the install on a BMW http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/f800gs-r-r-mosfet-replacement-how-to.781564/

I know that there are similar discussions in OC so you may want to run searches and check the KTM HOW section.
  16. GreaseSnake

Oddometer:
    Motul 300v 15w-50 or OKQ8 SBK 10w-50 is what I use in all my bikes
  17. GreaseSnake

Oddometer:
    A Higland question;
    Anyone in the community knows where that Dirt-Tracker ended up?

Hi

As cam-drive has been diskussed and "solved", together with "cylinder ovality" and other minor issues, we still see and hear about large end bearing failures and worn/siezed pistons. This is what's been my key focus last years, however I havn't had much time to perform any evaluations of it yet.

Thinks to put into consideration.

Oiling system benefits from a couple of restrictors. Restricting oil flow to cams and gearbox will provide enhanched lubing and cooling for crank and cylinder walls as a secondary point. This can be done by filling the banjo bolts at the bottom end and drilling a suitable hole instead.

An enlarged oil volume would also be adviced, this can be done in a variety of ways. Preferably would be to install an oil coolier.

Adding the first generation "crank oil spray jets" to the later "internal oil passage cranks" would likely improve longivety.

For parts, especially crank pieces I've hit rock bottom. Since Rollox sold everything there is really no source for parts. Only thing left to do now is to get custom made spares made, with a quite large price tag.
    I've got two cranks at my table for the moment but still no good/reliable source for spares (crank pins and rods).

ProX are willing to produce rods, but the minimum amount is around the same numbers of produced bikes.

If I had the fundings I would like to revise the complete oiling system with pressurised two-piece plan bearings.
  18. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update Johan.

I called the auctioneer that sold off the US Highland warehouse contents for the back rent. I was too late everything had been sold and the auctioneer didn't have any information that they were willing to share on where the parts went. I am hoping at some point whoever bought the engines and spares will want to convert to the stuff into cash. Can't be much of market in the US for Highland spares as there were so few bikes here.
  19. GreaseSnake

Oddometer:
    Well. Talking about the..

Just got hold of the engine maker. Company is active under new management and I've talked to the dir who was very helpful. So for engine spares I see some light. If anyone is looking for anything regarding engine parts just pm me
  20. GreaseSnake

Oddometer:
    What are you looking for? (My meaning was to prevent spamming the thread with individual conversations)