Highland Motors

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by 805gregg, Apr 12, 2006.

1. pibr

pibr n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody
    We are setting up a Highland Owner Support (Andi Zimmerer and friends).
    The Swiss Website is up, the german one will follow soon. Not much content yet, but at least a contact email Address.
    www.highland-motors.ch (pbruelhart@pbfribo.ch) and www.highland-motors.de (temporary: andi@highland.se)
    It is a fact, that there are many diffrent versions / configurations of Highland motorbikes on the road.
    We try to establish a Highland Owner Address list with a configuration list
    Very important to professionaly help you with technical advice or spare parts, we need a detailed description of your Highland.
    We will set up a Online form to fill in, but meantime just contact us by email
    - year of registration, frame number, engine number
    - make / brand of front suspension and brake
    - make / brand of rear suspension and brake
    - carburettor or FI (with picture of throttle body)
    - make / brand of exhaust system
    - picture of control box
    - pictures of bike (front, left & ride side, close up of engine and swing-arm)

Have a good winter season
    Pius (Ex highland dealer)
  2. Lorretto

Lorretto City Dweller Crushperado Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pibr - Glad to see you here.

Any chance you can get an English version of your web site at some point down stream?
  3. pibr

pibr n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, I do or give my best to set it up f,i,e as soon I have a good moment .
  4. ratattack

ratattack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't know if I've been here long enough to "welcome" anyone but I'm glad that you and Andi are getting the website up and running.

Looking forward to a better translation than using Google or Bing also...
  5. pibr

pibr n00b

Oddometer:
    To make it simpler to contact me. Here my email address: pbruelhart@pbfribo.ch
    Andi is very busy at work. If you write to him it may take some time until he replies.
  6. Illiotta

Illiotta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I look for Chain Swingarm Slider front for Highlander Outback Motard 06 any body now wear i can find one? Thanks Sweden
  7. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    Illotta:

Once Rollox was gone and Lillen moved on, Andi & pibr are the only sources for NOS parts that I know of.

There have been a few misc bits come up on ebay in the US: wheels, engine case and some exhaust cans but nothing in the way of a mother lode of the former US Highland supplies inventory that didn't make to Rollox and Andi.

Thanks to Rattattack - after throwing way too many parts at the bike a $10.00 fuel pressure regulator solved the fueling issue on my Allroad - for the moment. The fuel pump still seems to run all the time which was the first symptom before the fueling took a dump. The joy may be fleeting but it's running now:clap.
  8. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    Anybody here speak Russian/Slavic/Ukrainian? The video does a walk around on a Supermotard. Skip to 4:30 - there is some kind of a discussion on the injectors.

The throttle body unit and intake/injectors on the bike & in the box of bits do not look anything like the unit on my bike.
  9. klausmikey

klausmikey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

for the chain slider you can use the slider from Kawasaki KX125, P/N UF3703 - it's the same and works.

Best regards
    klausmikey
  10. CCM/GARRY

CCM/GARRY Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me if HIGHLAND are still making motors for these bikes or have they closed there doors for good.
  11. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    I have no first hand information. If the stock price of UHLN is an indicator $0.008 per share says it's done. US Highland had a mfg plant in OK that was shuttered. The web site had been up and running as of four of five months ago and still had engines listed as available. I don't know that US Highland ever built an engine in the US. I think the more likely scenario is they assembled engines from the parts inventory shipped from Sweden to the US. As to what happened to the US built frames, at least a few engines and running prototypes bikes - I have no clue. The v-twin engines were Folan's design. Folan no longer builds the v-twin 950. I don't know about any of the other engines.
  12. 950v2

950v2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Recent citizen of Stockholm. Earlier Boden, Sweden
    As I remembered my Highland with fuel injection that is how it is by default. My fuel pump were running all the time as long as the ignition was on.
    Lorretto likes this.
  13. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    Thanks 950v2 - I wrongly had in my mind that the fuel pump cut off after four or five seconds - Rattattack mentioned as well that his new to him bike likewise has a fuel pump that runs as long as the ignition is on. Glad to know that I was making the problem in my head where there was none.
  14. guevara4rever

guevara4rever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is my bike and I shot a video
  15. Lorretto

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the video - in the walk-around review of the bike, your intake looks different than the set-up on my bike. I didn't know if in the later years the intake changed and was trying to understand the discussion of the injectors.
  16. benzok

benzok n00b

Oddometer:
    A chainslider that fits is Kawasaki KX125/250 94-03 ; UFO KA0703
  17. Illiotta

Illiotta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any picture???on the chainslider can't find any??
  18. benzok

benzok n00b

Oddometer:
  19. John in Leeds

John in Leeds Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Send me your name and address details by PM Illiotta and I'll post you one. I do have one spare.
    Best wishes

john
  20. Illiotta

Illiotta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks but i don't now how to P.m you can pm me or tell me how to do!!!!
    IMG-20170520-WA0042.jpg