Highway 13, Sask

Discussion in 'Canada' started by vanveen, Jan 20, 2006.

1. vanveen

vanveen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone any experience on this road, I don't expect it to be as interesting as some of the B.C. roads but it looks like it has tons of old towns along it which are kind of interesting, it surely can't be as dull as the trans can
  2. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Saskatchewan has two things: really good people,
    and REALLY boring roads!
  3. Namron

Namron Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Came back from ND last summer on highway 13. It is better than #2 but not much! You have to slowdown at a lot of those small towns, so timing is not great.
  4. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    I guess it all depends on what you are after. I, for one, like those types of roads that others would regard as 'boring'. Exploring those old, semi-ghost towns is right up my alley.

I don't care if a road is long, straight, and boring just as long as there isn't anyone on it. An empty road is like heaven to me:D
  5. CanadaGS650

CanadaGS650 Mad fool

Oddometer:
    Then ride in Sask cause i think they all moved to Alberta:freaky
  6. vanveen

vanveen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks guys, you've convinced me, I'm going this summer, empty roads and old towns, cool
  7. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hwy 13 looks to be pretty boring riding, although they took the time to give it a funny name, 'the red coat trail', so there must be some excitement alont the way.

I'm in the process of acquiring some camping equipment to head southwest along the river, hit the state parks and small towns, and if I get real ambitious, all the way to Calgary. :1drink

Did Minneapolis to Saskatoon in the cage last fall, the wpg to saskatoon leg on 16. Boring, but ok in its own way. Anybody want to know the top speed of a 4cyl 5spd Accord?