Highway Dirtbike (HDB) 15% coupon - May 2011

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Chadx, Apr 18, 2011.

1. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    It is the one that is threaded and goes on the top clamp, in place of one of the switches. It did not come with a nut, so I got one at the local hardware store....3/8-16. I just went a little too far trying to snug it tight. This one here:

By the way, for those that are curious about part numbers, the RAM ball that fits in the switch mounts of the HDB top clamp is RAM part number RAM-B-236U CLLICK HERE which is a 3/8"-16 with 1" ball available at many online retailers.
    [​IMG]
  2. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No mirrors for me either! Item was circled with "BO". I also assume backorder. I shot an e-mail over to get an ETA. Kinda sucks as the mirror setup was a BIG selling point for me (I ride a lot of tight OHV trails).
  3. hockeylife

hockeylife Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Please count me in. Thanks
  4. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nah, just the way the light is reflecting. All stock bezels.
  5. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like what my receipt looked like. I wouldn't worry about it though. From the Paul's response it sounds like he is pretty swamped from all of us cleaning him out. :lol3 He seems like a good dude, and I've heard nothing but the best about him. So I wouldn't stress, we'll get our mirrors soon enough.
  6. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not worried about getting shafted, just wanted to get install done. I guess mirrors should start going out soon. If Paul or Chad would like, I can copy/paste what I received via e-mail.
  7. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Paul sent me an email saying mirrors were on backorder. He knows he currently owes 7 of you mirrors. He said he has glass coming in today so he can complete some and get them outbound. Such is the way it goes on some of these massive group buys with orders hitting all at once. Sorry for any delays, gents!
  8. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    DougZ73,
    No reason to go crazy tight on these. Just a dab of blue locktite and snug it up good.

Good of you to post part of my RAM ball mount post. I'll go ahead and post a copy of my entire post so folks can see the other, and the recommended, RAM ball mounting option (the one that replaces any one of the top clamp bolts).

---------------

By the way, for those that are curious about part numbers, the RAM ball that fits in the switch mounts of the HDB top clamp is RAM part number RAM-B-236U CLLICK HERE which is a 3/8"-16 with 1" ball available at many online retailers.
    [​IMG]
    There has been one incident, on an older, out of production top clamp, where the above method of mounting broke out the top clamp switch area after a crash. I know of no other issues and have run my GPS on this type of mount, without incident, for around 6,000 miles. Still, the below mount option is even stronger and, therefore, recommended.

The following is RAM part number RAM-B-367U CLICK HERE that replaces one of the top clamp bolts.

[​IMG]

Mounted up, one of those looks like this (you can use it in any one of the four corners). Picture courtesy of ADVrider's K7MDL:
    [​IMG]
  9. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Chad -
    I was out in the shop measuring the 950 (stock pattern is 90 x 38/40) and thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and install the Rox risers I had first and re-measure.

Sure enough, it came out 103 x 38/40 and I don't see a clamp in that size.

I can Order a 106x38/40 and move the Rox risers out 1.5mm each side or, mill 1.5mm off of the KTM handlebar mounts and move the risers in 1.5 for a 100x 38/40. Which should then fit a Scotts Steering Damper when I order it this fall.

Make sense?
  10. BlueMountain

BlueMountain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Count me in, please. Besides post here, do I need to do anything else to get my coupon? Thanks!
  11. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    You must have the ROX anti-vibration risers. The plain Rox Risers tend to retain the stock bolt spread. Yes, a slight adjustment in or out of the ROX risers allows them to accommodate various top clamp patterns. For the benefit of those not familiar with ROX risers, this is possible because the ROX risers are two independent risers and are not connected to one another. Usually one can move the ROX risers out a small amount but not it.

If you measured and have a bit of inward leeway and can get them to work with the 100mm wide top clamp and you also plan to do a Scotts submount in the future, then that would be the best route. If you can't get them to slide in tight enough for a 100mm wide topclamp, then going wider would likely be your only solution...that or order your Scotts submount sooner rather than later. Poke. Poke. :amazon Ha.
  12. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Nothing more to do. I'll add you to the list. I'm nearly done sending out the Phase II coupons (staggering the coupon releases to not overload Paul) so you should get your coupon PM within a day or two.
  13. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Paul's going to need a vacation after all of this. My hat's off to him. :freaky

And, HDB decals would be pretty cool as well.
  14. JWarner

JWarner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Been reading this entire thread and now I'm sold. I'd love these guards and top clamp. Looks like I'm going to have a 990 at the end of June. But I was also wondering if there's a chance the top clamp and guards would work on a new Multidtrada. May I be added to the end of the list for the coupon?

Thank you,

JW
  15. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    No, they are the standard Rox Risers. The 950 KTM's have a lip on the outside of the handlebar mount that makes them wider than others. I.e., the holes in mounts are not equally spaced.

However, based on that, if the Rox are 16 nn wider than the stock KTM mounts then using the ROX on the Scotts sub should be 16mm wider.

Since I have a few more days (the 15th, right?), I'll see if I can dind someone locally with a Scotts that I can measure and see what works. I could change risers too, but I'm short and need the pull back that the Rox have.

Now I am beginning to wonder what will happen if I try to use the Rox on the Scotts sub mount. If it utilizes a 100mm HDB mount the Rox will make the spacing wider.

16. Delta88

Delta88 Knurly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 on the decals and +1,000 on the vacation.
  17. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,
    As far as I know, a coupon PM has been sent to everyone on the list. Check your PMs and if you have NOT received your coupon PM, please PM me. (that's a lot of PMing). :lol3
  18. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be

Oddometer:
    thanks for the code. I have mine on order should help me bullet proof the adv machine

[​IMG]
  19. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    I got my top clamp and hand guards along with mirrors last month and very happy with them.
    But now I need bar raisers and need help to choose one. Any suggestions, recommendations for one that will work with HDB top clamp?
    Am I gonna have problems with control cables if I go with HDB Tall raisers? What is the hight of those two kind of raisers?
    Thanks.
  20. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why not try the hdb's?