Highway Dirtbike (HDB) 15% coupon - May 2011

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Chadx, Apr 18, 2011.

1. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    You are right, I edited it. :1drink
  2. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Paul offers lower clamps for 1 1/8" fatbars only. He has sizes 1 3/4", 2 1/8", 2 1/2", and custom, so you can get them any height you want.

Height depends entirely on what bike and what bar bend. If you are keeping stock bars, it makes the calculation a bit easier. Measure from the base of your stock lower clamp to the top of the stock lower clamp. The top of the lower clamp will be even with where the center of the handlebar would be if the bar were in the clamp and not to the bottom of the bar dish out. Once you have that number, determine how much bar rise you want and pic the appropriate lower clamp. If you want to keep the same, get the same height lower clamp as your stock lower clamp. If you want 1/2" more rise, add 1/2" to your stock lower clamp height and order that height. And so on.

If you swap to aftermarket bars, it becomes a bit more complicated to calculate, but still quite easy. First you must know the rise of your stock handle bars and stock lower clamp. Then you must know the rise of your aftermarket bars. This will allow you to calculate the change in rise between the two. Note that bar width will play a slight role in cable and wire reach, but not near as much as rise. Once you determine the overall rise of the stock lower clamp and stock bars (add them together), you can subtract the aftermarket bar height. What you are left with is the necessary lower clamp height to maintain the same overall bar height as stock. If you want a bit more rise, add that to this measurement and that will be the lower clamp height you want to order. That should do 'er! :clap
  3. loner

loner explorer

Oddometer:
    My order hit a few speed bumps, but as soon as I alerted Chad and Paul, everything was corrected immediately. Paul even sent me a HDB T-Shirt to make up for the delay. I just wanted to thank both of you for the great products and service. :clap
  4. APBlack

APBlack nOOb on a fly

Oddometer:
    can the lower clamps be black anodized also??
  5. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Ck you pm
  6. epix1718

epix1718 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could I get the coupon please?
  7. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,
    Just got back from a weekend of riding and camping. We finally had a break in the rain. Catching up on email and PMs.

Reply sent.

Yes, they sure can.

PM coupon sent.
  8. mixmasa

mixmasa what it is?

Oddometer:
    Really nice products. Could I get a coupon? Please.
    I'm looking to get a few items for my 2007 XChallenge. Bar risers and a top clamp and might just get the handguards after bending the BMW ones this past week. Thanks.
  9. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Captain Crash

Oddometer:
    Just curious what the turnaround time is currently for these setups? I am sure Paul's lead times have a grown a bit with this massive group buy, just trying to determine some other accessories that need ordering but dependant on having the HDB's installed or at least in my hands. Thanks, Chad, appreciate the time you have given in this effort for the ADV group buy.

K.B.
  10. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    Can't speak for Paul or Chad, but I got my stuff within 3-4 days.
  11. AB boy

AB boy n00b

Oddometer:
    Chadx,

Thanks for putting together an opportunity for a group buy. I would very much appreciate one of the coupons so I can order and receive this product for an upcoming trip. I kindly request a coupon.

Thank you. :D
  12. Hawk97

Hawk97 n00b

Oddometer:
    Chadx, Thanks for the write-up on the Rox Risers! Please add me to the coupon-list.
  13. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Send me a coupon please. Been looking to pick up a new set of hands guards.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Marveling...

Oddometer:
    I'd like a coupon as well.

Thanks, Bob
  15. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,
    I just got back from the KLIM rally in Rigby, ID this afternoon. I'll try to catch up on email and sending coupons PMs tonight and tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Chad
  16. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Hi fasttrack,
    It largely depends on the item(s) ordered. Some items, like the mirrors, were backordered for a bit, and other items are in stock and ready to go...and others still somewhere in between. Paul gets everything out as quick as possible so please be patient. It should make it's way to you in a reasonable time. If the timeline is getting suspiciously long (approaching two weeks since you paypal was made), please PM me and we'll track things down offline.
  17. AZGym

AZGym * * * *

Oddometer:
    Chadx,

I have a question about ordering. I have a F800GS but I have already installed a steering stablizer which changed my top clamp bolt dimensions from 98cm x 40cm to 100cm x 40cm. On the ordering page I noticed that I have the option of either ordering the F800 kit (which I assume includes a top clamp with the stock pattern) or picking my top clamp bolt dimensions. Is it possible to get the F800 kit with the appropriate bolt pattern and would this need to be something that I ordered over the phone?

I would also greatly appreciate a coupon code! Thanks for all the info!

Thanks, Bill.
  18. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Hi Paul,

I got an e-mail from you about my bar raisers and sent you a reply. If you didnt get it, please et me know.
    Basically I have Scotts submnt with steering damper on stock handle bar and ordered and installed HDB top mount (SX) and hand guards. They all worked fine but now I need bar risers but I am not sure if it's plug and play or I need any extras. And I dont wanna go back to stock... :cry
  19. Alblue

Alblue Adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Could I get the coupon please.
  20. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Hi Bill,
    You should be able to order that online. When selecting options, go ahead and select the 800GS setup, but in the notes section, make a comment that the top clamp needs to be the 100x38/40mm rather than stock size because you are running the scotts submount. Then Paul can ensure the correct top clamp is shipped. Coupon PM on the way.
    Chad

PS: That is mm and not cm. 100cm would be HUGE (about 39 inches)! :lol3