1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Highway Dirtbike (HDB) 15% coupon - May 2011

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Chadx, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    First, to clarify, is your Emig Racing Stabilizer an over-the-bar/topclamp type stabilizer or an underbar type? If your stabilizer is mounted above the bar or anything is mounted to the top clamp, using an HDB top clamp wouldn't work because it would require custom tapping, etc. If your stabilizer is a sub mount (below bar), then you can use the HDB top clamps.

It's hard to tell the caliper positioning with a wide angle lense (camera phone) picture as it makes it look as if you are measuring from the outside of the top clamp bolt holes, which would give you too wide of a reading. Ensure when you look down from directly above, you are measuring from the dead center of each bolt hole (or each bolt if it were bolted to a bike) and that will give you the proper pattern measurement. If that is what you did (again, hard to tell from those particular images) then it looks like the 98x38/40mm will be the correct size.
  2. Delta88

Delta88 Knurly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I find it easier to measure from the outside edge of one hole to the inside edge of the other one. ASS-uming the holes are uniform, the measurement will be identical to a center-to-center measurement. Simpler than "eyeballing" the center of the holes, IMO.
  3. EnderTheX

EnderTheX Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    Agreed, what I do too since it is more accurate than approximating the center...

Outside = 97.1
    Hole = 8.3
    Center to center = 97.1-8.3 = 88.8 (assuming both holes are the same and round).

Here is a quick tip for using your caliper like a calculator: Measure the hole diameter and zero the caliper, then measure the outside to outside distance and the caliper will read exactly center to center :freaky
  4. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    This is a wise man. :thumb
  5. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Well, there you guys go using both common sense AND logic. You have me outgunned! Ha. Good measuring tips.
  6. Cigars&Scotch

Cigars&Scotch My eyes are up here Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too Late

I am leaving on the 12th for a 2wk 1/2 cross country trip and should have the mount at home today.

No big deal. Maybe One of my buddies will get the discount on his purchase after seeing my sweet setup.
  7. cdogg44

cdogg44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please tell me he can order some Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bars in Silver, not just the Black or Platinum listed on the website.
  8. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    I stand corrected and in pure awe. Great forum.:freaky
  9. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Paul can usually source any color or bend, but some may just take a bit longer to get in before your order goes out. He does offers the bars more as a courtesy for his customers. He doesn't really make anything on them and, when offering the 15% off of entire order, actually loses money on the bar portion of the order, but he wants customers to have the option of buying and receiving one shipment, so offers them.
  10. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    WRR(2010) lower clamp?? 10 mm or 12 mm?
  11. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    WRR are 12mm lower clamp bolts.
  12. genghis9021

genghis9021 Arak Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    First, Chadx thanks for all your help. HDB is a great product, already have 'em on my ADV 950 and it's fantastic to be able to buy the BEST option, that's also Made in the USA.

So, I've got a 2009 530 EXC with a Scott's sub-mount. Is there a way to use the HDB top clamp ? If so, what size ? 100x38/40 ?

Kurt
  13. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Most scotts sub mounts use the 100x38/40mm. As a doublecheck, simply put a caliper or metric ruler on your existing top clamp and measure from bolt center to bolt center left to right and top to bottom (or, as the guys mentioned a few posts ago, from the left side of the bolt hole to the left side of the bolt hole since guessing the center can be tough).

If you have no ruler or caliper, print out the lifesize 1:1 top clamp pattern HERE but make sure all auto-sizing, make-fit, auto-print setting are turned off so the image prints truly 1:1 lifesize. Then you'll be able to see exactly how the top clamp will fit...though a b it thinner than the real thing...paper thin. Ha.
  14. BBeck

BBeck Adventurer to be

Oddometer:
    Please include me in with the coupon.

Thanks,
    Brad
  15. ryno23

ryno23 n00b

Oddometer:
    would love to get the discount, perfect timing!
  16. pawlicker

pawlicker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New to off road bikes. Have a Wr250r and need to know if I go with a bigger diameter bar do I have to change out all my switch gear? I am on the list and am trying to figure out what all to buy! Just picked up a eTrex today so I know I'll need a Ram ball mount and powerlet? :ear
  17. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put me in for the coupon!! Thx. Will hit you up to order correct stuff since I'm also WRR
  18. jgbeez

jgbeez n00b

Oddometer:
    Count me in on the coupon! Maybe you'll get to me before the end of the month?
  19. swortsoul

swortsoul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was debating making an order, but a coupon just forces my hand. Put me on the list please.
  20. sixspeed

sixspeed Put on the WHOLE armor

Oddometer:
    Exiled from the land of gum bands & bottle of pop
    Please sign me up SIR!

Need at least a top clamp for the WR.

Thanks!