Highways 12 and 99, Lytton to Cache Creek?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kilby, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kilby

kilby Dubai

Oddometer:
    I am planning to do a weekend ride which would include #8 from Merritt to Spences Bridge, then through Lillooet, then #99 to Cache Creek, has anybody done this route? I read an article in Westworld about two guys that author motorcycle trio/guidebooks, when asked what were there favourite BC routes they said "Redrock Canyon" between Merritt and Spences Bridge and the Duffy Lake Road (#99) I have been in to Lillooet but not north to Cache creek. Any observations or interesting detours on this route would be appreciated
  2. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    it's a nice road for sure. i wouldn't say it's a must see though... mind you i have ridden and driven the thing hundreds of times so it could be played out.

if you do go that way i recommend cutting north at pavillion and riding the dirt road to clinton... now that is a must do road!

pm me if you need any direction.
  3. kilby

kilby Dubai

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I would like to do the Pavillon to Clinton, but not enough time now, nice country, I once walked from Jesmond to the Big Bar ferry in the middle of summer, (1971) bloody hot but beautiful country.
  4. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Took 4 old high school buddies from the 60s on that ride last year. Over 5000kms of BCs best stuff and we all agreed #12 from Merritt to Spences Bridge was one of the best. Go for it. 99 is OK too, but not in the same league.
  5. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:

Hey Colin: Sorry to hear you had some problems on the Alaska run...

Get 'er fixed yet?

Had Dave here for 4 days with a FD failure. All better now.