Hill Country Ride 4/20

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Scary Mc, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm puttin' off the chores and goin' riding Saturday. Anyone else want to go?

Give me a shout if you do, if I don't answer leave a message and I'll call you back.

-Scary
    210-602-0474 mobile (best way to track me down)
    830-228-5374 home
  2. Yeeha!

Yeeha! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Scary,

Some RT guys from the "other" neighborhood just made our 2nd run of the season down there.

We rode down Fri. and ate lunch in Lometa (All you can eat catfish and shrimp on Fri.) I stayed in Kerrville, some others with friends in Austin.

Sat morning ate at the Bowling Alley in Blanco, rode out 473 thru Sisterdale & Comfort, then to Medina and out 337 and did all the "3s". The first few miles of 335 is dirt right now, under const. Yuk. Ate lunch in Utopia.

Later in the afternoon some had to split, so Miss Vicki and I picked up some brews and plopped down next to the river near Hunt and watched the never ending parade of Harleys potato by.
    Man, they were thick as ants on a hill with that Luckenbach thing going on.

Today, Sunday, we wiggled our way back up to Ft Worth, stopping at Coopers in Llano for lunch.

Did 1130 miles this weekend.

Did you happen to see our little group roll by while you were out? 1 Metallic Red, 2 Dark Blue, 1 Silver, 1 Black RT, and a lone 1100R. I may have tried to flag you down. You on a GS? I saw two. One solo rider in Utopia and on guy with a kid on back putting down 337 kinda slow. I saw several lone RTs out there and made contact with a lot of them. A group from San Angelo, from Vanderpool, and one From San Antonio were all invited along, and also turned on to ADVRIDER.COM and BMWRT.COM both.

I did wear an ADVRIDER tee this weekend too. Had everybody confused when I wore a BMWRT.COM tee the nextday.

Next time we are down, want we should call you or post something here? I usually play the Rodney King role and profess-"Can't we all just get along?" I'm too new to BMW bikes to take sides in the Net battles.

Yeeha!
    Stephen
  3. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite Supporter

Oddometer:
    Net battles? I don't care what you ride (ok, maybe a little), just as long as you ride.

Yeah, next time your headed down this way give me a shout! Sounds like y'all had a great weekend. I don't remember seeing any RTs on the road, just multitudes of HDs.
    Look for the Texas flag at the 281/Guadalupe River silver bridge, thats my place. Anybodys welcome to stop by (even Pep)! I've got 12 acres of shaded camping, and beer in the icebox.

-Scary