Hillbilly Dual Sport Ride Oct. 9-11 2020 Marble Falls Ar.

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by advmgm, Dec 30, 2019.

1. OzarkDave

OzarkDave Army Veteran

Oddometer:
    I am planning on being there. Dave in motorhome in parking lot like last time!
  2. Black Eye

Black Eye Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m in! My street group will be staying in Clarksville riding street all week thru Saturday. I’m playing it by ear if I will ride Dual Sport Friday/Saturday or both. Sunday is out as that is my go home day back to Texas.

Anyhow, as mentioned before if you can post tentative routes each day that will help me decide things. Such as if I wanna slab all the way to the Hub or just catch ya at a meet point if your dropping south at all etc.

Clear as mud, I know it’s murky to me too but I’m gonna make it work even if I need to slab to the Hub.
  3. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be there, solo. Bringing a 6x12 enclosed trailer with a drz and a africa twin. I'll be sleeping in the trailer. My first time to Arkansas! :clap
  4. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    NOTE: all routes are big bike friendly and 150-175 miles. There may be a challenging spot or two but you can make it!

Route 1 - from Marble Falls east clockwise. There is gas at the station when you cross over Hwy 65 and also at Wild Bill Outfitters on Hwy 14.
    When you turn right on Hwy 14 at the far end of the loop you will go a couple of miles south then turn right to go back west on route.
    If you keep going south on 14 for about five miles you (off route) you will come to Wild Bill's. They have gas and snacks.

Attached Files:

blrfjr likes this.
  5. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Route 2 - this will be Fridays route and I will lead a group on this one. This makes a loop south clockwise then west then north back to Marble Falls.
    Lots of good scenery and riding on this one.

Attached Files:

blrfjr likes this.
  6. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Route 3 - this is Saturdays route and I will lead a group on this one. This makes a loop south clockwise then west over to the Oark Cafe for some of the best burgers and pie in the state! The Oark Cafe is the oldest continuously running business in Arkansas and a popular destination for motorcyclist!
    More scenery and good riding on this route!

For the guy coming from Clarksville, this is a chance to meet us at noon Saturday for a burger as Oark is only 25 miles north of Clarksville.

Attached Files:

blrfjr likes this.
  7. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOGISTIC INFO..
    Rides that I lead on Friday and Saturday will be kick stands up at 0900. Please be gassed up and ready to ride.
    If there is interest for an impromptu ride on Thursday afternoon speak up and I will be at Marble Falls to lead one out.

*** LIMITED OR NO CELL PHONE COVERAGE IN THE AREAS WE WILL RIDE ***
    If you are using a cell phone as your GPS be sure to download the Google area map!

There is a gas station with a grill for breakfast and dinner about two miles north of Marble Falls on Hwy 7.
    There is also a Dollar General and an alcoholic beverage store at the same location.
    Gas is available at Wild Bills on Hw 14 on the east route, Jasper, Deer, Swain, Oark and Ponca. Not all of these places will have premium but the regular will be alcohol free.
    Black Eye and blrfjr like this.
  8. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I'll ask the wife if I can hang for another week after the Ark 500. Would be interesting to ride with the Boss!
    guavadude likes this.
  9. OzarkDave

OzarkDave Army Veteran

Oddometer:
    Then stay another week for the razorback ride out of Combs!

Sorry for that, the Combs ride is the week before, not after.
  10. pilot815

pilot815 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have my reservation set to arrive Thursday. I'll try to get there early enough for a Thursday PM ride.
  11. beefsalad

beefsalad n00b

Oddometer:
    Any word on room rates?
  12. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    No I have not heard.
    I suspect its about $75 for a single.
  13. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planning to arrive Friday morning from N. Indiana. Bring the Africa Twin and a DRZ. See ya then 20200805_184019.jpg
    GREGTADV likes this.
  14. jamesecox50

jamesecox50 Never Lost

Oddometer:
    Looks like a nice area, not sure I'm going to make it but for the Avenza map users I am donating these maps. Keep in mind I downloaded the gpx files from @advmgm they are waypoint and routes files as opposed to tracks so each change in direction of the line represents a Waypoint or Route marker

https://www.topomerge.com/Maps/TM_Marble_Falls_AR/Hillbilly_Dual_Sport_Ride_RT3_v308.pdf
    https://www.topomerge.com/Maps/TM_Marble_Falls_AR/Hillbilly_Dual_Sport_Ride_RT2_v308.pdf
    https://www.topomerge.com/Maps/TM_Marble_Falls_AR/Hillbilly_Dual_Sport_Ride_RT1_v308.pdf
    Mudclod likes this.
  15. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for doing this
  16. ktmdude2002

ktmdude2002 Lost in transition Supporter

Oddometer:
    I plan on being there Friday morning. I'm waiting on clutch parts and they should be here tomorrow. If I get her fixed, I'll take the two trees behind the restaurant to hang my hammock!

Crusty
    :pep
  17. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weather report :) Screenshot_2020-10-05-14-36-41.jpg
    Mudclod likes this.
  18. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I forgot to mention that the Ride the Ozarks motorcycle rally is this weekend in Harrison, which is seven miles from our location.
    There will be vendors, food and a free concert Friday and Saturday evenings.

https://www.exploreharrison.com/pages/motorcycling/ride-the-ozarks-rally/
    To get to it, go north on Hw 7 into Harrison. At the first stoplight turn right and go down to the next stoplight and turn right. Its right there by town lake.
    blrfjr likes this.
  19. OzarkDave

OzarkDave Army Veteran

Oddometer:
    Well I rode the dusty gravel roads all week North of Dover and I had all I can take. Back to Illinois for me. Everybody have fun and be safe.
    Bonafide Bob likes this.
  20. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode the Jasper and Deer area and the dust was really thick, a little rain sure would help conditions in the area.
    Bob