Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrsdnf, Oct 5, 2019.
Mrs, whats the beam like? Can you give us a nite shot?
Yes. I'll post the night shots up later. I have a couple of other driving lights I can compare them to.
Night shots. Did we get close to what we set out to achieve?
Camera settings for the night shot was aperture 2.8, shutter speed .5 second and ISO set to 400. What the pictures show is pretty close to what you see.
These driving lights were compared to the driving lights below.
Firstly a cheap set of lights from China. I have no idea what these cost as a mate gave them to me.
The Jaycar lights with MTG2 leds.
Firstly the standard bikes low beam. It really is this bad.
My bike came fitted with small day time running lights (DTRL) which can be seen in the last picture in the above post. These work really well in assisting low beam at night which makes low acceptable.
Standard high beam. Its criminally bad.
High Beam DTRL.
High Beam DTRL Chinese DL.
High Beam DTRL Jaycar DL. These are not a bad driving light.
High Beam DTRL XHP70 DL.
I'm more than happy with the performance. Riding at night is now a lot safer than using just the standard headlight.
Heat is not an issue so I wonder if the Russian could make a 6 amp version of this driver. :))
Mrs, MYK in Russia. You can contact them in English - firstname.lastname@example.org.
I made the decision to move the driving lights. Mainly to make getting the fuel tank off easier.
Long story short the easiest place to put them would be to hang them from the screen mounting frame. I believe it should be up to the job strength wise to take a little extra weight.
Digging through all sort of steel trying to work out what was going to happen I found a piece of 32mm round aluminium bar. 32mm was chosen as the stainless mounts for the lights are 32mm in width. The length was determined by the bar itself after cleaning up the ends.
With some precision set up a start was made.
After a couple of weekends whittling away excess material it was deemed enough time had been wasted.
And we ended up with this.
A quick ride last night to check alignment showed the higher position only made these lights better.
The rear spring on the 300 has always been a little, ok, very soft with my fat guts on the bike I decided while lubing the linkages to change the spring for a heavier unit.
Suspensions R Us was the only place I found with replacement springs on the shelf. The stock spring measured 53Nm, put a 58Nm on. Now to get out again.
Not pretending to be any good at electrics I've looked at these relays on breadboard for far to long not knowing a compact way to attach lots of wires going in and out when somewhere I saw a picture of a terminal block. A quick trip to Bunnings and we had the block.
After lots of soldering and JB Weld we ended up with this. Hopefully I can find a compact plastic box the whole lot will be potted in. Four relays with four ins and outs. They will be for high beam, low beam, driving lights and accessorises powered from the ignition key.
Now to muse over it for another six months looking for a compact fuse box.