Honda CRF 250 Rally

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by pinglow, Mar 18, 2015.

1. ADVBedouin

ADVBedouin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got them from those MCN & Visordown links posted by others earlier, & the more I look at the pics the more I'm fully convinced we're looking at a production bike.

Notice how modular & perfect all the plastic components look? Those plastic production molds are too expensive for a prototype not destined for mass production. Notice the fan mounted on the upper left radiator, the modular rear fender, & tool compartment. I'm also seeing a side stand cut off switch unit...it all looks production...& the slim turn signals, fuel cap, high front fender, rubber-tipped shift lever...all very cool touches & whomever is the lead designer they know how to style out a bike.

There's strong rumor that KTM's building a 390cc adv bike too, so Honda would know they'd be competing with it.
    manybike likes this.
  2. manybike

manybike Omnipresent Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think your assessment is spot on. All the evidence points to a bike that is in production.
    I really like what I see so far. I have also read about the KTM rumours.
    Hopefully there are exciting times coming for smaller bore adventure/rally type bikes.
  3. ADVBedouin

Oddometer:
    Another cool detail I'm seeing is how the entire rear license plate hanger & turn signals look like they could be unbolted & removed as a single unit, like the HP2Enduro, leaving just the rear taillight for off-roading...an excellent marketing item too.

I'm also seeing a locking helmet hanger. The more I see the more I really like...except the abs light in the intstrument module...I don't like or want abs on a lightweight off-road bike & really hope it's not there or it's an option only.
  4. justinope

justinope Long timer

Oddometer:
    thats the beauty of motorcycling, some don't want things others want very much. for example, to me since I am primarily on the road somewhere around 70/30 I almost have a requirement for ABS now because of how dumb other drivers are. I hope its an option though and we both win!
  5. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In Europe the abs is mandatory.
  6. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ADVBedouin and Kome like this.
  7. white80'shuskies

white80'shuskies Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Honda introduced the '83 XR350 to slot in between the 250/500 and did it again with the '96 XR400 in between the 250/600.

Both models were very successful, it's a proven formula that works.

But for some unknown reason its not part of the plan now, at least in the states.

Yam or Kaw no different

A 350-400 has tons appeal, come on guys!
    ADVBedouin likes this.
  8. Kome

Kome Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. manybike

manybike Omnipresent Supporter

Oddometer:
    Right on.
    I think they are too afraid of a 450cc bike totally destroying their 1000cc + market...which it would.
    I don't get it, the Dakar is all 450cc, easy sell.
    Their marketing strategies are at least 5 years behind the curve.
    ADVBedouin likes this.
  10. white80'shuskies

white80'shuskies Adventurer

Oddometer:
    450cc easy sell indeed.

It would fix the weak spot in the lineup (that being the XR650L)
  11. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. ADVBedouin

Oddometer:
    More cool pics from ErNetes link...damned if they didn't actually listen to us...amazing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    canadius_maximus, manybike and RsZk like this.
  13. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Fuel cap still swings the wrong way and probably has the CBR250R flap in the neck to you can't put gas in it...it's a tradition at this point. :lol3
  14. ADVBedouin

Oddometer:
    Interesting...looks like the whole cap assembly unbolts from the tank...can it be monkeyed with & fixed? Gots to out-think them damn safetycrats...
  15. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Anyone know translate?
  17. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is the Google translation.

CRF250RALLY that reproduces the factory machine

It is exhibited at the motorcycle show in 2015, CRF250RALLY that called topic. Factory machine running in the Dakar Rally, the looks of the Honda CRF450RALLY, is a model that reproduces in CRF250L of trail model.

I model was not scheduled for commercialization is merely a concept model initially, but it is how being considered as a commercial model for was greater echo in the Tokyo Motorcycle Show. I think that actually many people saw because photos of the model is a model that has been exhibited at the recently of Tokyo motorcycle show, but a matter of fact has changed considerably it looks like not changed much from last year.

Last year's model, but I was a "model" ones that do not run, this year's model performs a running test on the exterior, Sonouede the point that have improved in response to the demand that was out of the test rider number. In most big difference is under cowl, gone to the last year there was a storage compartment.

A sense of volume that does not seem to 250cc. Released in expectation!

Well, a sense of volume that I do not think actually when I approached the vehicle very 250㏄. Much I think probably it's 450㏄ or more models also in humans if the lowest do not know. This is because they extend the suspension stroke than CRF250L. And Good The reason is "because the better is cool" (!) Of developers called. You probably chose this design in the top of aware of the risk of being ignored cancer to those who choose the bike in Nostoc verrucosum person in charge is quite handsome.

However, actually straddle wants to try and ...... Rerere, almost unchanged as normal. And straddling wants to try and 250 compact light sense of unique is there firmly.
    This model, referred to as the "Dakar mood I want to use in touring", photos have been used expensive parts such as the steering wheel and front suspension for the show model, yet because it is attached well as sponsor of the decal of the Dakar Rally , commercialized model is likely somewhat impression would be different. But, I feel like role model is already I can be up here if the custom on their own.

Handy and light sense of unique 250, remembering the ripper feeling heavyweight CRF250RALLY. Once you become a sale I think that surely popularity comes out! surely!
  18. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  19. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Then surely it goes on sale? It does not say that power has?
  20. ErÑete

ErÑete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was referring to the video.