HONDA CRF250 RALLY OWNERS

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ferdiepick, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Snapper

Snapper Long timer

Oddometer:
    I owned a WR250X for ~2yrs/8k miles. From a street riding perspective, I much prefer the Rally. Also have/had a street bike with both - the WRX did not steal many miles from my street ride while the Rally has (~6mo/7k).

To each his own.

[​IMG]
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  2. webbiker

webbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    The reference to "UNLIKE" is probably a protest against "made in China". Well, look at the quality of some of the stuff....some is amazing, some is junk. The romans said "Caveat Emptor"...Buyers beware....so far....not much to beware about.
  4. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    OH YEAH !!! this thread is awesome !!! THE WhISSeRZZZ vs. THE CRaLLeYzzz .... my $$$'zz on KyNNzzie .... :johntm
    Stillwater97, GR0NK and wiswoodsguy like this.
  5. jwb

jwb Local minimum

Oddometer:
    Yeah I don’t know how you can trust the metallurgy on these aftermarket parts from randos on eBay. Even established brands like renthal sometimes screw it up.
  6. N11 EXPEESS

N11 EXPEESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bitingdog likes this.
  7. fridolin

fridolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    True. It can not discussed rationally if people start claiming ABS is some nice addon like a luggage rack. Unfortunately a luggage rack does not improve safety and isn't a life saver.
    No, thats not true. And it is pretty obvious why even experienced riders don't stop faster/better without abs in an emergency situation.
    Kartik likes this.
  8. fridolin

fridolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    May I quote you Baja Dad: You know SHIT about ABS on dirt. No, ABS will not throw you down on the dirt and WON'T HURT YOU! Not true.
    Kartik and Newstrom48 like this.
  9. Scoobydidler

Scoobydidler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice bob. I reckon you'll grow to love it

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    boboneleg likes this.
  10. Imeall

Imeall Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I assume that you are aware that there might be import duties to pay on items from 'Bikerzbits'. I ordered a part in the recent past and got a note from the courier that there was tax to be paid, before it would be delivered (in Northern Ireland).
  11. Scoobydidler

Scoobydidler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll pretty much go with that. Never had abs, never wanted it, given the option I'd not have on a future bike. But i don't have a major dislike of it on the rally. I've tinkered about seeing how hard it can be pressed and I'm fairly impressed how it works on loose gravel. I always turn the rear off, that's just a no brainer for me offroad.
    Interesting to hear views from over the pond raving about abs, even folks saying they wouldn't consider buying a rally if it didn't come with abs! How that is a deal breaker I'll never know but each to their own.
    I've noticed on mine though, when riding in the dirt i often get a flashing abs light, I'm thinking is it warning me that it's not working properly due to mud and shit blathered all over? Any ideas? Cheers.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
  12. N11 EXPEESS

Oddometer:
    Yes I worked it out at around 55 euro which still makes this system a cheap setup. I’ve just placed an order so if it don’t work out at least I’m not out of pocket too much, still works out cheaper than a end can on its own
  13. Boxerbro

Boxerbro Free Spirit

Oddometer:
    Seems very reasonably priced, even if you add import duty. My take on it, seems a bit too long, but if you like it, that’s all that’s important. At that price it’s worth trying.
  14. benlikes69

benlikes69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. N11 EXPEESS

Oddometer:
    I’m sure it can be easily modified to shorten it down if need be. The only thing to me that looks too long is the outlet on the end can but I’ll see what it’s like in flesh

I will do plenty of pics during fitting and will defo do a vid
    Boxerbro likes this.
  16. Squily

Squily Squily

Oddometer:

Dude, you don't know what you are talking about. :fpalm

But if you have proof (not opinion), I'd be happy to reconsider my statement.

Edit: Or maybe I shouldn't have tried to be diplomatic and use the term 'experienced riders' and just said 'people who can ride, not just think they can'
    dave01 and MDBoz like this.
  17. HH

HH Dahlonega GA

Oddometer:
    Yes, there are bikes out there with ABS that will throw you down in the dirt.
    GR0NK and Bultaco206 like this.
  18. minkyhead

minkyhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strange. I thought. I had. you know best ...... chris has been duped he had a bike that said wr250r on it and lent it to me to try. So i presumed it was a 250r. Thannks for telling us it not.
  19. WoodWorks

WoodWorks House Ape

Oddometer:
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  20. Squily

Squily Squily

Oddometer:

From the above video description:
    "First! ABS is a life-saver. In NO way is the point of this video to be "anti ABS". Just the opposite. This video shows a controlled situation. ABS can take over anytime the situation is beyond control and prevent a locked-wheel skid, which is always dangerous on a motorcycle. The point here is only this: ABS is NOT a substitute for braking skill.

Harris, riding the near motor, uses "threshold combination braking" (the maximum amount of braking, using both the front and rear brakes, before either a locked wheel or ABS activation), the rider on the far motor; one of the top police motor instructors in the world, deliberately engages the ABS, rather than using proper braking technique. As you can see, the properly braked motorcycle stops in excess of 20 feet more quickly than the motorcycle that is stopped using the ABS as a braking tool. ABS is not a tool to stop the motorcycle (or any vehicle). ABS has only one function: to prevent locked wheel skids while braking.

ABS is a tremendous safety feature, and if it's available, on any vehicle you are considering you should insist that your vehicle be equipped with it. However, a motorcyclist should no more use ABS regularly than the driver of a car should frequently use the air bags."

Plenty more out there. I am not anti-ABS, but ABS is not a magic wand that makes you ride well or increase your skill. It's a safety feature for when things goes wrong. And for that matter, I've seen plenty of people overshoot corners (off-road and on-road) and loose the front end with ABS.
    DesertRatliff and GR0NK like this.