1. eNewsletter Sign Up

HONDA CRF250 RALLY OWNERS

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ferdiepick, Mar 18, 2017.

1. The Red Dane

The Red Dane n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Minkyhead

Thanks for the video, have just bought one of those tire monitors from Amazon.de, because I am bad at checking the tire pressure dayly and weekly...

I noted the tire pump you have, looks like with build in battery? What type is it?

All the best from little Denmark.
  2. kleckcrf

kleckcrf n00b

Oddometer:
  3. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you follow it back in the wiring diagram it's on 10 amp fuse #3 that protects the "meter" and tail light, so it would be wise to add a fuse less than 10 to what ever you are going to add. I run 5 amp heated grips so I added a 7.5.
  4. Phmode

Phmode Most of the gear, little idea!

Oddometer:
    If by any chance you have fitted a different tail light, the connector on the original also fits the power connector although the pos and neg colours are reversed. Being a cheapskate this saved me enough money to buy half a beer :-)
  5. kgnx

kgnx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A cheaper solution:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...&terminal_id=b65031c1b4e549518edbeaa90b09acb4

5 pieces in a pack, they fit perfectly,
    I use it without any issue,
    If you are ok with crimping connectors ( I did it without a spesific tool ) this is more effective.
  6. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, those connectors are hard to find. Got mine from Eastern Beaver in Japan...but he does have minimum order....but delivery is quite quick
    NSFW likes this.
  7. ncrambler

ncrambler n00b

Oddometer:
    I have been looking at the T-Rex crash bar myself. How do you like so far? bolting to the engine mount was a concern of mine also.
  8. kleckcrf

kleckcrf n00b

Oddometer:
  9. canis

canis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rain, wind, storm ... I'm going to take the Rally out for a ride :D
  10. Phmode

Oddometer:
    Rain, wind, storm...I've lit the log burner and poured myself a strong one:-)
  11. rexbro

rexbro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s how my bike and gear get washed most of the time!
    9F21F3CC-69D8-47F4-98BC-F5894C5D9339.jpeg The only time I time I actually wash parts of the bike is to do maintenance or tire changes. I do clean off the lights, reflectors, and plate too - so I’m seen and don’t get pulled over.
    ErÑete, GlosBoy45 and LosTabarnacos like this.
  12. minkyhead

minkyhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    just a cheapo rac thing its not battery pack one ...pretty small and seems to hold up well to a few years of banging around in a pannier .got a little torch on it which is handy
    no complaints with it
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Car-...229416?hash=item5943010428:g:KlwAAOSwceVdOvH4
  13. Phmode

Oddometer:
    I've just fitted the M3 tyre pressure monitor, possibly the worst instructions ever, probably translated by a German who speaks neither Chinese nor English :-)

However, the thing itself is very good. Lovely packaging, not quite up to Apple standards but very neat. Apart from the features that minky posted up, the only downside I can find is that both tyres must have the same alarm pressures and temperatures, which is OK if you run a Rally solo but most bikes don't run the same pressures front and back.

As with all such 'external' monitors, you always lose a little pressure when you fit the sensor to the valve, about 0.1 bar in the case of the Rally and the smaller the tyre size the greater the percentage you lose. You need to overinflate by the 'loss' to get the correct on the road pressure.

All together a great little item and well worth the money, just don't rely on the audible alarm to warn you of impending doom.
  14. Hamamelis

Hamamelis Inmate

Oddometer:
    Only the front starboard side is missing the decal, and the port side has the original.

Again, everything seems to be in alignment and it gives me an excuse to cover the panel in stickers, so I'm not too worried
  15. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    I checked my fuel consumption the other day for the first time and got 87 mpg. or 37 km/l wondering if you guys getting simalar numbers?
  16. Hamamelis

Hamamelis Inmate

Oddometer:
    Mine's on the low side, usually around 65-75 mpg, but then I also tend to do a lot of stop-and-go traffic in a dense city, and also tend to ride on the high side of the powerband when I get to stretch the bike's legs. I've gotten much higher mileage in the past, though
  17. JungleDeath

JungleDeath Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    62-65mpg on full DOT knobs. 25-30psi. The more highway, the worse it is. Only time I tapped the 70's was on the oem tires.
  18. Wisconsinkris

Wisconsinkris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have an updated opinion on an affordable, reliable, and easy to use GPS to mount?
  19. Phmode

Oddometer:
    The modern way is just to use your phone.

I have a Garmin 660 on the big road bike and am trying a TomTom Rider on the Rally but I can't get on with it, it just doesn't seem intuitive to me whereas the Garmin I find a doddle to use. Having said that, the TomTom has some great features which the Garmin doesn't.

Any bike specific GPS will mount on the crossbar behind the screen and the TomTom is a single wire connection to the 12v power take off in the front left fairing. The Garmin wiring loom is a nightmare, like trying to plumb an octopus in...

You will probably find you need to use a RAM Ball mount thingy to get the head unit where you want it.

If you scour ebay etc. you will find plenty of older units quite cheap. Brian
  20. Phmode

Oddometer:
    ...and different tyres on a trail bike will nearly always give different MPG results. If Kris wants to compare fuel consumption figures he needs to do the maths to account for his current rolling radius vs. the OEM rolling radius otherwise he is comparing Apples with Wednesdays :-)