1. eNewsletter Sign Up

HONDA CRF250 RALLY OWNERS

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ferdiepick, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ferdiepick

ferdiepick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Proud owner... Can't thrash it for another 260 miles yet..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  2. ferdiepick

ferdiepick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She saw 8000 rpm and 73mph on the way home.. But was a bit careful and slow getting there

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  3. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Well it ain't a rental this time.
    :lol3
    Enjoy your new Rally.
  4. Limey-1

Limey-1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been pretty happy with my 250L for the last 2 years ..the only real problem was having to upgrade the clutch plates..Honda had a bad idea with the two *springs* in the basket..but the new aftermarket set is bulletproof and easy to install and relatively inexpensive.. and was looking forward to the new Rally knowing there is a new 300 cc motor in the CBR, but alas they still used the old 250 with minor modifications..probbly something to do with the Euro licensing regulations...anyway, it still is a nice little bike..just wish I had a 3ga gas tank...I am going to check out the new (dare I say it)...Kaw 300 Versys it may just have a bit more what I am looking for.
  5. Scutty

Scutty Talent-limited bike builder and rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're looking for more kgs or more road focused? Versys has both of those.
  6. Cuttlefish

Oddometer:
    I bought an acerbis 3.1 gallon tank on Ebay from the US. Posted to my house for $260 Aud. The 300cc option is do-able now.
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  7. minkyhead

minkyhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    i got a good deal today ...register before march 31st ...going to use it for work and sort it al out in the coming months ... i really do like it..but thought what the hel if you like it buy it ...although its still a slow bike ,,ive figured out slow suits me ..i pretty much never take me vee strom out when im not at work but the crf is alays out .. so two differnt variations of the crv suit me im very pleased with the deal ...lets hope i dont cool off later but i dont think i wil they suirt a lort of my riding commuting ..working.. and backroads and no roads so speed is not bothering me at all ..

nice one ferdi congrats
    ...next wednesday i think ... going trials riding this weekend
    back tuesday new bike wednsday ...lifes good

braaaaaaaaaaap

[​IMG]Grabbed Frame 45 by minkyhead56, on Flickr
  8. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    I'm finding that a difficult mindset to get into. (You mean I can't ever do a ton?).
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  9. Limey-1

Limey-1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have really enjoyed the little Honda...There is also a Triumph Bonneville and a Honda NT in the garage...but I find myself hopping on the little bike because it is so easy to just jump on and go...There have been times and places where no motorcycle should have gone, but the Honda has never skipped a beat in rain mud or snow!...It has been a hell of a good bike

Attached Files:

MewZiKat likes this.
  10. Cuttlefish

Oddometer:
    I had a beautifully well sorted 2015 Triumph scrambler. Bought the crf250l as a grocery getter and to explore some back roads. The scrambler gathered dust and eventually it went to a good home. My crf's great fun.
    Wonder when the moto journalists from the Uk and Oz will start doing reviews now the bikes are hitting showroom floors?
    MewZiKat likes this.
  11. Fuzzball

Fuzzball Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the LED headlight good at night? The LED unit on the grom has a good spread but disappointing output, hoping this one is better.
    Anybody been able to fit auxilery lights yet?
  12. andyhol

andyhol volcano rider

Oddometer:
    So I just brought one. But here in Indonesia the dealer says 2-3 months until delivery...
    :baldy gonna be a long wait.
    six10ken and Hi-De-Ho like this.
  13. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    That looks like a good set-up you have on your L. I'm still a fan of the L over the Rally.
  14. Uncle-roby

Uncle-roby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How is in the rain and cold weather?
    Are feet protected by the low panels?
    Thanks
  15. Boxerbro

Boxerbro Free Spirit

Oddometer:
  16. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    Hi-De-Ho and Boxerbro like this.
  17. minkyhead

minkyhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    i know ..but you get past it ..if somone offred me a rally or a africa twin rent free to go on holiday id take the rally everytime ,,its more capable and hugly easier to manage in the places that count to me

trips like these prove beyond doubt that big power isnt at all nessasaryi had a great trip ..wheres the hurry ?
  18. CapeG650X

CapeG650X Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree, i have just spent 3 days in Thailand on the Rally followed by 3 days on the A/twin. I had much more fun on the tight rds and dirt tracks on the Rally and it will be my choice for future touring over there. In Oz the Rally would lose out due to the large distances we travel on straight high speed roads but i'm still considering a Rally because they just look cool![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    MewZiKat, Hi-De-Ho, 1litre and 6 others like this.
  19. Tobias95

Tobias95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Busy few days for me and my Rally. Did most of my commuting on it this week and still went trail riding afterwards. Tested it thoroughly on this steep little hill climb. Did surprisingly well, but could be improved with more aggressive tires and maybe some gearing changes (would compromise on road ability too much for me to bother at this stage). Also had its first dealer service today. I'll be changing the oil regularly from now on, not sure if I'll bother with dealership as it's all simple stuff.

Spotted this H2C variant on Instagram with an absolutely awesome looking pipe on it. That with a full length can would be perfect! Like the cage around the body work too.

Attached Files:

Matt P and CapeG650X like this.
  20. Daniel Bonnér

Daniel Bonnér Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20170402_090010.jpg
    First refueling gave me the numbers 3.9 liter on 100 kilometers. I run my bikes hard under the break-in so i will get better results in the future. If i count on this high number i get 260 kilometers (161.5 miles) on full tank.